New years are full of confessions, resolutions, and promises.I like to keep it simple.One motto, one word, and a wishlist.
One main motto:
Stay calm and carry on!
“Daar ke agey jeet hai ”is not just true.But an important part of life
So what are my top tips for handling scary stuff?
- I discuss with people I trust.
- Think about giving up trying.Yes, I do that to keep my priorities in focus.
- I think about the absolute best and worst from that situation.The worst visualization has a way of seeing the bigger picture and helps me calm down a lot.
- I get on my treadmill and start walking listening to music.This is one of my secret weapons of a more calmer and productive me. This is fail proof.Even when I don’t have a solution at the end of walking I am infinitely calmer.Much better for my BP and those around me.
- I go on a weeding spree.There are few things better than pulling up weeds and cleaning up your garden.
- I paint my planters and pots.
- I start dusting or folding clothes.Both these acts of organizing my home helps me feel more in control.
- I read my favorite book and take a nap.
Health is Wealth
What do I want to do in 2018?
- 2018 I will walk more
- I will read more
- Write more
- Travel more
- Save more
- Stress less
- Find ways of making my blog more financially stable.
- Explore others business models.
- Learn a new skill.
- Find more ways of giving back to the community.
- Teach my daughter a new art form
- Learn karate together
- Do more DIY stuff as a family.
- Watch more entrepreneurship videos and podcasts.
My one word for 2018 #WOTY2018
If it’s one word I will say Believe.
The first time I read Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow rich I laughed.
You will laugh too if I tell you the title of the book is the exact premise of the book.
But one thing I took away from the book I took to heart was the power of our thoughts.
Your mind is all powerful.Your brain is still unchartered territory for scientists. We have traveled to new planets searching for life.Our scientists discovered another galaxy but no one has been able to correctly estimate the strength or power of your thoughts.Should you measure it in Gigabytes?In light years, or in unicorn numbers?
When logic fails sense fails and you want to stop trying to try one more with belief.Believing means not letting a shred of doubt pierce your armor.
Know the truths the myths and the hardship and then decide what you will believe in.
What if you believe you will fail?
If you believe this you are guaranteed to fail.
You choose the fairies and demons.Do you want to be a victim or a superhero??All will depend on what you believe in.
If you want your child to be strong it’s important you give enough protein in her diet.But if you want her mind and soul to be strong, practice believing in her and with her.
The power of your minds can move mountains!
If you don’t give up on something you truly believe in, you will find a way.”
Roy T. Bennett
Linking this post with Corinne’s word of the year link up
Prompt this week
Your New year resolutions/wishlist
Your word of the year