Who am I?I am Dr.Amrita Basu (Misra).I am an ENT and Head Neck surgeon. Currently working at a Medical College, wife of a pediatrician and mother of a tricky preschooler.My husband is not only my life partner, he is also my best friend and supporter.Together we are a team, but ever since I had my baby life has become a relay race.Both of us cope with baby duty, professional duty, and household duty in that order!
Often when the baby was sleeping I used to surf the Internet, signed up for courses read books, checked my mail umpteen times per day and shopped online (loved that, but a tad one-sided hobby) and generally felt life had come to standstill.
I was so bored.Everything was the same old, same old stuff.Not challenging at all.I discovered blogging.So much to learn, and totally different from whatever I was doing for the majority of my Life! Talk about a challenge and there it was.
Most blogs which are successful are making money(obviously), but they all really have amazing content and that is truly inspiring.So many people with different problems, dreams, talents, all are trying to help in their own way.By helping others they are not only improving their karma but are also striving towards Financial Freedom!
I wrote four books
Get them free by subscribing here
To reach people beyond geographical, physical and time boundaries is my dream. You may live anywhere but I will be your friend who is just an email away.
(I also have a VIP Membership option )
14 Random Things about me
1) I love to travel, garden, read and chat with my friends. I am a certified chatterbox. I was regularly scolded in class for talking too much and distracting my friends,I still have both superpowers intact.
2) I am a sporadic cook, with sudden bursts of inspiration. But I love cooking delicious healthy, recipes which are quick to make. The keywords here are healthy, tasty and quick.
3) I love meeting new people. But I am an Aquarian, so close friends are special.
4) I did my undergraduate medical training at Calcutta Medical College, which is one of the oldest and best medical colleges in Asia.
5) My Postgraduate training was in ENT & Head-Neck surgery at Safdarjang Hospital New Delhi.Another institute which helped me stronger and smarter.
6) My favorite writers are Enid Blyton, Satyajit Ray, Erle Stanley Gardener and Agatha Christie.
7) If I was not a Doctor I would probably be a lawyer like Perry Mason.
8) My favorite thing to do on a day off is to spend time with my family.
9) I don’t like it when people complain about their situations in life but are not willing to do anything about it.That’s something which makes me want to rant!
10) I sincerely believe the single most important thing other than Gods grace, which determines success , is persistence.
11) My favorite travel destination …mountains.
12) I have a younger sister who is a Geologist.
13) I owe everything I am today to my family who has been with me through thick and thin.
14)My aim in life is to be able to do my small part in making this world a better place for the children.
We have to do, what we want to do....what happens is already destined! Only one life to live, let's make the most out of it. Click To Tweet
Want to contact me personally?
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or say hi to me on Twitter @misra_amrita and I will always reply.
You can sign up below for my weekly newsletter. It’s the perfect prescription for a healthy and happy life.
This is what Twitter friend said
@misra_amrita Thing is, if people started thanking you 4 ur very informative posts, your mailbox would have overloaded with thank-u mails 🙂
— Kathakali Mukherjee (@KathakaliM) February 25, 2017
Look what people say about me
March 8th is #womensday. For me March is Womens Month and this #March i shall be honoring women in my own little way. Women who go about changing their life, and the world, in their own quiet way. Women blossom and re-blossom throughout their lives, thus in age making a beautifully garden’d reminiscence of many kinds of flowers. ~Terri Guillemets, “Tending,” 2012 I start with Dr Amrita Basu. Doctor. Wife. Mother. Tech Whiz. Nature Lover. Gardener , and more. Thanks to her infectious love for nature and gardening I cannot pass a blooming tree or shrub without thinking of Amrita. She nurtures her balcony garden (do check her instagram feed) with as much passion as she nurtures her blog. Despite a crazy work schedule she finds time to help tech challenged people like me, and many others 😀 while she’s being a hands on #Mom, #wife and #friend. Kudos to you, Amrita! May your tribe increase! #nature #naturelover #ilovenature #flowers #flowerpower #Blogger #writer #writers #blogging #writersofinsta #naturephotography #greenery #plantsofinstagram #plants #fresh #pink