When I was small my parents subscribed to the Readers’ Digest magazine. That was a close second to the favorite monthly subscription. Sandesh a Bengali monthly for children and young adults was my favorite.
Sandesh was as interesting as the name. Its a word for a type of famous cottage cheese Bengali sweets and the magazine was stuffed with goodies. It was first founded by Upendrakishore Ray and has since then been in the family. If you have grown up in the nineties Kolkata, you will know all about it.
I have fond memories of finishing my homework, before settling down with Sandesh post lunch on Sundays. Sandesh had all things dreamy. Stories, mysteries, poems, contests, everything which inspired creative thinking. That’s when my storytelling skills started germinating.
I used to doodle a lot too. But before my daughter started drawing, I had stopped doodling 20 years back. The fun of making a cute doodle is not something which can be expressed in words. We do landscapes, watercolors paint pots and planters. The best part of all this is the smile of innocence and extreme joy I see on her face when we share our colors. She understands the joy of creating.
Is it things?
Is it the people?
Or is it a balance of everything?
When I read the Readers Digest magazine, I learned about people all over the world. Those who overcame obstacles.The power of the mind.The power of trying. The never giving up mantra! Try, try and try again, till you succeed.If the story needs a different ending, rewrite it.But get it done .#Healthwealthbridge Click To Tweet
Life doesn’t happen the way we plan, but it’s the fun you have living, that’s important. Have fun living, learning, growing, because once you stop learning, it’s over! This life you have, is for a reason, make it count.
5 Steps to make Good Habits the way Successful people do
- Focus on something simple, like drinking one extra glass of water in the morning.
- Choose when you do it every day.7 am every morning, one extra glass. of water.
- Every day when you get up if it’s not 7 am, do it when you get up. Just one glass.
- Then you gradually change the cue. When you get up from a sitting or lying down position, you drink water.
- After ten weeks it will become automatic and you should able to do it without thinking
You did it. You made one new habit. Do everything to make one healthy habit every day! A healthy life is a blessed life.
Want to start including Probiotic food in your diet?
- Start easy and small. Check whether natural sources are available locally. If not, learn to make homemade yogurt or safe fermented food. But that can be like shaving the yak for some. So focus on small steps.
- Include it daily in your diet, by planning one meal or snack with a helping of probiotic food.
- Remember to take it daily.
- If you are a supplement person. Choose a good brand. Check the best before date and the kind of organisms present and take it with your lunch every day.
Are you creating powerful habits which make you grow? Get my Ebook. It’s free on #Kindle unlimited and free for download on 23rd January 12 am PST to 12 pm PST!
Want to read more?
- Read one page every day at 6 pm.
- Wherever you are, read a book. A paperback or an ebook.Just one page.
- Do it for ten weeks you will be reading more.
Are you a student? Want to revise more before exams?
Every day at 9 pm revise one chapter of a subject you studied the day before. This way not only will you recall better, but revision is also effortless. Read my study tips for more help.
If you want to make an effort to start and make good habits effortless. Just get this Google sheet Habit tracker to make creating good habits easy. No sign up needed. Click and save a copy. Use it to build your power habits. Let me know in the comments below what habit you want to build first?
Read: 7 Habits for Success