Why the Army should use Social media? Army chief General Bipin Rawat said
It can help fight insurgency,proxy war and terrorism in the country.(Source)
Social media is a virtual world. But it has a serious effect on-the real world. Its important for everyone who wants-to make a difference, to have a positive social media presence. Positive I am stressing because the opposite kind is happening. Army is an important part of India. The Army men and their family are much respected and loved. But the nature of the job is tough. Social media usage by Army thus needs a good strategy.
It’s not always a Hindi film ending and things get tricky. What is important to remember is they train and the plans are made by people with decades of experience. That’s why you must share the news about the great work Indian Army, Navy, and Airforce does to keep India safe. They are real heroes and you need to help spread the right public perception.
3 Reasons, why the Army don’t do, tell-alls
- It’s a national security issue, not a Hindi Movie. Even afterward they can’t reveal details for obvious reasons.
- They are busy saving the country and keeping us safe.
- There are better uses of tax payers money than spending on social promotion. But now its much needed.
Times have changed. Terrorist outfits do more social media backdoor campaigns, than you and I can even imagine. Their target is young gullible minds who are often misled. This is where Indian Army and defense forces can turn the tables.
How will Social media help army?
It can help fight:
- Fake news
- Misinformation and disinformation.
- Negative propaganda.
- Promote positive understanding of events.
- No fake sense of goodwill towards country’s which do not have India’s best interest at heart.
I plan to do my part. How do you think the Indian Army can use social media effectively?
By Sgt. Michael J. MacLeod –
http://www.army.mil/article/103129/Indian_soldiers__U_S__paratroopers_compare_patrolling_tactics/, Public Domain, Link