Blogchatter projects threw up 2 most important personal revelations.
I love winters and picnics and this is not a good time for me to analyze numbers and write posts.Its the season to welcome baby Jesus, bake cakes and share them.
But a promise is a promise and I promised myself 4 posts this December on the topic of Social media with the best ROI.
Now I need a disclaimer here:
What works for me may not work for you.Its only 23 days of testing here.This is India and I have a limited budget.I plan to continue tests and tweaks to make the results statistically viable.
17 Startling Thing I realized this month about Facebook (Novice guide)
- Facebook ads are great to boost the traffic and get your email list bigger.
- You need to tweak a few times to target the perfect audience.
- Neil Patel’s Facebook ad tips work.But you need to remember you do with what you have where you are.Go slow and do it one tip at a time to avoid overwhelm.
- Adding video makes your ads reach higher.
- Even if you don’t do an ad, fresh videos posted on Facebook have options for adding tags to reach the right audience.That amazing.On any given day a short video clip will have more impressions than a static image, which is much better than a text-only post!
- Fact is people don’t read!
- People like pretty faces on Facebook.
- People don’t like too much text on the picture.
- You have to find the best time to post on your page.If you ignore this you will regret.That’s a guarantee.
- Facebook allows you to use PayTM in India for boosting.That makes it super convenient.You don’t have to use net banking and get all bothered.Also, you can do it using your phone.The minimum ad budget is Rs 120!How cool is that?
- Facebook wants GST number.Now I am a part-time blogger with no GST number. I wonder what options will be available.
- The Facebook business manager is cool but makes managing ads and posting on your page difficult on mobile without the dedicated app.What with my phone full of apps, I cant manage another one.So I have to let it go.Maybe later.
- Facebook still is the social top traffic referrer for me.But Facebook wants to make money.That’s understandable.It has a purpose and the purpose is not to make you keep in touch with friends.Surprised?But this insight will help you understand the purpose of any profitable venture.You make money only if you are useful, helpful and awesome.That’s why when the organic reach for pages has come down for many, videos are still getting good views.The Facebook algorithm has people spending zillions over.Thereare few ways you can fight with a giant.But if the giant likes what you make, it will help you promote that.That’s where videos come in.
- Before you change the copy of your ad or the picture or do any of the tweaks you really want to do.Wait at least for 24 to 48 hours.Facebook likes finding the best people to show your ad.But that takes at least 24hours.So do not be impatient.Experts suggest waiting for around 10,000 impressions or 500 clicks before you do any changes.With values lower than this you don’t have enough data to be statistically significant.A big reason I need to run more tests before I share results.
- A great Headline works every time everywhere.For this, a little work is needed.Experts want you to convey the same message through your image and text.But don’t make it long. Short works great here.Best is something between 20 to 40 characters according to Facebook.
- Use captioned videos.They work better than those with audio.That makes me very happy.
- Check your story.Yes, storytelling is what gets you those clicks.You have a few seconds to tell your story through your headline and picture/ video.So make it good.It’s almost like the dating game.A split second is what it takes you often to decide whether you will click
Facebook adores videos.Are you making videos?Are you afraid of videos?Want to know a cool way of making your own video from your published posts with a minimal headache? Sign up below through this form and you will get my report detailing the exact steps I took to make video content for my posts.
Fill up this form if you want to get the report pdf and a workbook for planning your Social media promotion.
Or email me at email@example.com and say Give me the report when its ready!
This post 2 of my 4 part series #BlogchatterProjects: Entrepreneurship & social media promotion.