Healthy Snacks almost sound like an oxymoron.Before I became a mommy I thought meals were when you had food ,snacks were stuff which my mother wouldn’t give me at home.But when I became a mommy ,I realized parenting and cooking is inseperable.If your little one eats right,the world is going fine.
When she stops eating ,nothing in the world can make you happy.The guilt trips that we subject ourselves too is bad enough, we worry about their growth.But the problem is not just what you are cooking.Its also what the little one wants to eat.I wrote about how tricky feeding your preschooler can be.I also wrote about how to tackle picky eating .The main problem is snacks not only need to stop their cravings .but also needs to be healthy.Childhood obesity is a worrying problem and affects their entire life.What we feed them today will mold their eating habits and health ,both physical and mental.
My top go to healthy snacks.
You just can’t go wrong with these.Luckily my Rai loves all fruits.Banana for a snack makes her happy.Mangoes need to be just right.Firm and sweet .Apples and grapes are favourites too . Oranges are a staple during winters.Dried cranberries and figs she enjoys a lot .I am writing about A to Z of fruits .Dont forget to read .
Nuts and Raisins
A few walnuts or almonds made into small pieces by themselves or as toppings for her oats .Walnut has omega 3 fatty acids and is the best nut known.Almonds are great too.raisins are rich in potassium great for heart health.
Oats & Chia
- I use it together with a spoon of raw cocoa mixed with milk and honey to make a porridge.This I garnish with raisins.
- I make pancakes with aata(wheat flour) , oats , chia , eggs and adding curd instead of milk.It tastes yummy.I tried Tina’s easy banana pancake and the entire family loved it.
- The mug brownie made by Tina is my recent favorite.I just substituted oats and chia ,with a little bit of flour, instead of the whole thing being made of flour.
I also make parathas using wheat flour, oats, and chia.
Veggies fries and fritters
Carrot fries and pumpkin fried in airfryer are an easy delicious crunchy snack.Even french fries airfried is healthier!
Luckily my daughter loves having eggs and never likes salt in it.Whether its an omlette( cooked just right ),sunny side up or boiled, she loves them all.I also make noodle pakoda with eggs and veggies in the air fryer,Its crunchy delicious and makes for a quick snack.
Writing this for #MondayMommymoments prompt this week .
Share using our #MondayaMommyMoments or #MMM and we will RT always. #contest in April .Write,link up and share Click To Tweet
Prompt this week
Share with us some healthy snacks for moms and kids from your kitchen
Mothers if you are blogging for 26 days in April ,don’t forget to link up with us.We have two gift vouchers up for grabs this April .
What do you need to do to win ?
- Write and link up .Daily if you are doing the challenge.
- Please leave a comment on the hosts and cohosts post and leave through another page.That will help a lot.Visit at least 2 other blogs and encourage .
- Invite 1 friend by tagging.Dont forget to tag us .
#MondayMommyMoments #contest in April .Write,link up and share #HWB @Deepagandhi1 Click To Tweet
If you are a mommy and doing AtoZ challenge we would love to help you.We know how difficult and crazy things can get. Just input your details in this form and we will keep you in the loop about all other mommies who will be doing the challenge with you.
Our featured winner ,this week who wrote on the prompt is Anupriys who blogs at http://mommytincture.comFeatured winner #MMM @Anupriya_Guptaa .Read her winning post here http://bit.ly/2pn1oi2 Click To Tweet
Featured winner for being a superb #MMM #AtoZChallenge mommy @Geethica2 Read winning posts here http://bit.ly/2pndO9C Click To Tweet
RULES OF LINKY
Comment on this post and cohosts post
You can write a post prompt or link up your new post in the linky.
We share and visit each blogger who link up.
This is not just a blog hop.This is a journey.
That’s a total of at least 4 posts we want you to give some love .
Write the post and Link Up with Amrita or Deepa.
Copy the badge code and put it at the end of your post.
- Follow on Twitter @Deepagandhi1 & @misra_amrita
- Use #Mondaymommymoments or #MMM in your post and share in social media using the same hashtag.
- By Joining the linky you are giving us permission to email and or tweet you a weekly reminder.
- Did you know reading blogs makes your Alexa better?
- We deeply believe in community spirit.Eagerly looking forward to visiting your blogs.
- Prompts will be announced every Sunday at 21.00 hrs IST.Linky open till Sunday 21.00 hours.We always visit the blogs and promote them as much as possible.Its like your own blog promo .What’s not to love?
- We share your entries on twitter and other social media platform generously. Who doesn’t like blog promotion?
Link up now .Submit a post on the prompt or as many as you want.Just click the blue button below