Life After Radiotherapy for Head Neck Cancer is not easy.
Oral cavity and oropharynx: Oral mucositis, Glossitis, Ulcers make life difficult few things help.
Life After Radiotherapy for Head Neck Cancer: 5 Things to improve quality of life
- Sleep ,exercise,meditation
- Wigs for women help a lot to tide over. Good quality wigs help to keep looking good without feeling the stress of changing appearance. Cancer treatment is difficult. There’s no easy way to deal with it except be prepared with the best help you have. As a doctor, I always encourage my patients to concentrate on self-care and appearance. That always helps in boosting up the morale and has a wonderful effect on healing.
Divatress has an extensive selection of Lace Front Wigs, Full Wigs, Half Wigs, Hair Extensions. They are 100% Remy Human Hair and looks natural. That’s a big help you just want to feel better again. Wigs help in bridging the gap.
Because women need to feel good about themselves. That’s the first step in getting better. The best part you can change your hairstyle every month and not worry about using harsh chemicals and styling to look good. While your natural hair heals and grows back, having a little help to look and feel good is the right way to do it. Feeling good about own self and looking good has a way of releasing the feel good-hormones which helps.
- Natural hair care and skin care. The more you go back to natural products, the better it is. The best part about natural products is they can be as easy as using the homemade curd as a hair pack. Hot oil therapy at home with coconut oil can go a long way in providing much-needed nutrition to your hair.
- A diet rich in fruits and veggies are important.
- Don’t forget to include prebiotics and probiotics to rehabilitate the friendly bacteria in the gut.
- Avoid excessive spice food smoking or alcohol. All these make healing difficult.
- Have multivitamins and multiminerals for supplementing nutrition and help your cells recover. Using Vitamin E mixed with hair oil helps improve hair quality.
- Antioxidants play a big role in helping your cells recover.
For the Mind
- Meditation and exercise have a big role to play.
- Take up a hobby.
- Garden, draw, write. Creativity helps you heal faster.
- Read books filled with optimism.
Immunity and Hydration
- Drink adequate water because drying of the mucosa increases after radiotherapy.
- Take care of your hygiene. Immunity being lower, you need to be very careful about using a public washroom.
Remember radiotherapy rays help kill the evil cancer cells, but your brave soldier cells get a beating too. To help them recover you need to give them a helping hand.
Disclaimer: This is an article meant for spreading awareness and not to be considered as professional medical advice. Kindly take all healthcare decisions after consultation with your doctor. This is a sponsored post. All opinions are mine. Read my full disclosure