Google’s Blog Compass is launched with an eye to Indian Bloggers.
Many of us at Indiblogger, got a chance to beta test its usability and give our feedback. While testing new apps is a lot of fun, this was extra special. It was Google and an app for Blogging! Whatever I have learned as a blogger, it’s because of Google. The books to read, blogs to follow and people to learn from, were suggested by Google. It was a pleasure trying out the app, in various stages of its development.
I downloaded the final version and after using it for the last ten days, I am writing Google’s Blog Compass Review.
7 Reasons I love this Blog Compass App:
1)It currently has an Android-only version. Obviously! Google has the exact data about how many people use Android and iPhones.So optimize for Android users. Extra tips that make you feel special.
2)You need to be a WordPress or Blogger user.Covers more than 90 percent of blogs.
3)You need to install Jetpack. This helps WordPress get your stats in place. Jetpack and Blog compass, share data and you can check the most important data points. Blog compass gets data from Google Analytics and Search console to give you at your fingertips:
- Page views
- Traffic numbers
- Traffic source
- Demographic data
4) Blog compass has encouraging badges to unlock, as you publish a specific number of Blog posts and have a higher number of Blog visitors. A nice feature for social sharing.Encouragement is always appreciated.
5) You can easily approve comments, just like on the WordPress app without signing into your blog backend.
6)You can find trending topics in the categories of your interest with search volumes! This is gold as it also gives you long tail keyword target . All this without leaving the app!
7)You have an amazing database of education.Google tells you exactly what you should know about managing your blog.Don’t miss this treasure trove of knowledge.While Google blog articles were always available,this education hub is streamlined to make sense of the chaos.Plus you know this is the real thing.No beating about the bush.
Only one problem:You actually have to read it.Just having it on your phone, will not make you a pro-blogger.
Comparison with WordPress app
- The WordPress reader option is a boon. Google Blog compass currently has no option to discover new blogs.You are alone inside the user interface.The community factor if included will be excellent.But this app I feel is targetted for charting blog growth with numbers.This is crucial for making blogs financially free.But how helpful it is ,only your work and time will tell.
- The Blog compass does not let you write or publish posts using the app, which the WordPress app does. But honestly, I have faced problems with the bulky WP app too, which allows scheduling and then the post doesn’t get published.It’s a horror for busy bloggers who are traveling a lot.
- No education hub for Bloggers in WP app. Google scores here.Can you imagine something better,than ths Google people teaching you?
- The keyword and category options is very good as a starting point, especially for new bloggers. No such feature with WordPress app.Google’s Blog Compass scores again!
- Both the WP app and Blog compass celebrates blogging milestones.
Serious pros for Serious Bloggers:
It’s a one-stop App for stats, especially when you are traveling, need to get your stats for brands, P R or just to check the backend stuff. It’s easy to approve comments on the go too.
The one thing you still need:
Ability to write and publish a blog post from the app itself, but with better features than WP . Maybe they will join hands and make blogging truly mobile!
A must download app if you like blogging on the go.Its handy,educational,easy to use,motivational and trying to teach bloggers the right things to focus on.When Google gives you a gift ,its bound to be amazing.
Welcome to the Blog compass!Blogging just went a level up!
Download it on Google Play.
7 Blogging Challenges for a Successful Blog