I started podcasting for a simple reason. It’s fun and was the main reason I started blogging.I am a fan of the SPI podcast for ages. Pat Flynn and his Podcasts are legendary.
I enjoyed listening to and downloading the transcripts. I enjoy how easy content consumption is on smart passive income. The result is I spend hours on SPI. I researched podcasting way back in 2014. It looked like a lot of work. WordPress and Hostgator made my Blogging journey so much less stressful. Also, recording software and hardware are expensive. I read everything I could lay my hands on, writing on my blog looked easier to start.M y Podcast was to be delayed by two and a half years when the Universe intervened.
A little backstory:
I always loved Radiomirchi and used to listen to it a lot. Then life got busy and with so many things clamoring for attention I lost touch. With podcast entering my life I found the missing element on my online journey.I love reading and read print books and ebooks, blogs constantly. But sometimes while doing housework when I can’t read, I catch up on my favorite podcasts.
But guess what Anchor is your answer. You can start podcasting now with this cool app.
How to start Podcasting in India with Anchor nowGet it on Google Play
- Download and install on Phone.
- Make an account on Anchor.
- Start recording.
There are certain basics you need to plan though.Like your content!
Pros of Anchor:
- Makes podcasting on the go easy.
- Easy to record with guests. There’s an add a friend option where you can send a link to your friend who needs to download the app and just join you. It’s that easy.
- You can have a transcript made.
- A video can be made. Shareable short-form video clips are possible for short audio recordings.
- They submit your podcats to iTunes, Google Podcasts, Radiocasts and many other sites, you have to do nothing!
- You can rearrange segments in the podcast.
- You can import podcasts from other hosts.
- You can use the RSS feed of Anchor and use that for other podcast sites.
- The add a guest option can be tricky if internet connectivity is a problem on either side. But the good news is you can record a phone conversation and add that audio clip too!
- The transcription services need serious editing because your Indian accent may be difficult for the app to understand.
- The video features are very basic. But gets the work done.
What else could make it better?
- Basic editing cut clip add options.
- To.enable subscription options.
- Options to add own pics or stock photos to the video.That will be the gamechanger.
- Because the current waves video can be a little boring.
- Boost up support
But is all this free?
Yes. Amazing right? The people over at Anchor has included everything your heart desires for easy Podcasting. Plus they are also giving you unlimited hosting for free! At the moment they have not announced any paid plans.
So how will they make money?
Good question. That has not been revealed yet. But once they do I will let you know.
Interesting fact: I started podcasting on Soundcloud. But their android app didn’t allow recording podcast. But with Anchor its a breeze. Let me know what you think about this app in the comments below!
Social significance: If you are unable to see or write, you can still start your own Podcast!That’s achance of a lifetime.Think about it.
If you want to try your hand at podcasting but not sure whether it’s your thing, try with Anchor podcast app. You will avoid expensive mistakes. I am saving for a better audio quality basic setup.B ut this app will help you get started quickly now!