The best thing about Mama Earth is it’s and safety factor.If it’s Mama Earth you know it has gone through many checks before it was launched.You can also be sure of its efficacy.That’s why this Mama Earth Mosquito Repellant review comes after two months of using it.
Pros:It smells fine. No weirdly strong citronella odour.My daughter has no problem when i apply on her.
It’s easy to apply. The protection lasts quite long and so does the smell.I apply twice once Rai goes to school and in the evening when she goes to play.Mosquito bites outside the home and at school are the biggest worry and now I can rest easy.
Affiliate Disclaimer: There are affiliate links in this post.That means if you click on the link and buy anything I will receive a percentage of the product price.This in no way affects the price you buy at.I only recommend products I personally like and use. My relationship with you is more important than any money I may receive from these transactions. If you do buy something using my link, you are helping me in making this website better.My heartfelt appreciation for that.
What Mama earth Mosquito Repellant contains
It is a blend of essential oils like Citronella, Peppermint, Lemon, Eucalyptus in a base of Soya and Castrol oil.These natural oils are mosquito repellents
It is free from DEET.
It is safe for application on the skin(best to do a patch test on baby’s forearm, before you use any skin or hair care products).
Size of product: 100ml
Recommended age :0 to 5 years
Application type: Spray
Is it baby safe?
Yes, the Mama Earth product is MadeSafe certified and clinically tested as per Bureau of International Standards.
Where should you apply it?
Skin application is safe and recommended.
- It may appear expensive.But its great value for money.If you compare with the price of the one below its a steal
- I prefer roll on.Spray means more product gets used.
- It’s not available offline easily.
Is there an alternative when you can’t get Mama Earth quickly?
Alternative available:Godrej Fabric Roll-on
What does Godrej Fabric roll on contain?
- Citronella oil
- Eucalyptus oil
- The base oils are not mentioned(that’s a strike off !)
How to use Godrej Fabric Roll on?
The famous 4 dots
- 4 coin-sized dots on the shoulders and legs away from the nose.
- Not recommended for skin
- Lasts for 8 hours.
Is it safe?
It is pediatrician certified as dermatologically safe(as mentioned on the product).
How does the price compare?It’s INR 75 for 8 ml.Mama Earth wins hands down on this one.
Pros for me:
- Available easily offline too.
- It’s a roll on application and less wastage.
- Since age is not mentioned on the product, I assume it works on adults too.The picture shows an adult woman and a child with 4 dots each.So we use it as a family at home, at work and while traveling.
- The base oil is not mentioned.I would definitely like to know.
- The smell of Mama earth I like better
- Very expensive
Cream-based and needs to be applied on exposed part .
5 Facts about Dengue which you must know(if you click on the link Dengue use code HWBVIP )
- There are 4 types of Dengue virus and you can have Dengue fever up to four times. Its the concurrent or simultaneous infection with Dengue virus which is dangerous.
- Cleanliness is next to Godliness when it comes to mosquito-borne diseases.Keep your home and the area around your home clean.Don’t let garbage pile up.Don’t allow open containers with water to stand.
Talk to your local counselor and community members to make a plan for regular fumigation, spraying, bleaching powder application.Make a hedge of citronella grass all around your building complex.Keep it in planters around the house.Citronella is a natural insect repellent and is the main component in the above two products.
- In the case of Dengue fever, do not panic. Uncomplicated Dengue fever is the most common variant.Visit your doctor at the earliest.
The test, however, takes some time to be confirmed.
- Do use a mosquito net for yourself and the affected person if he is suspected to be suffering from a mosquito-borne infection.You don’t want him bitten by another mosquito with a different strain of dengue virus. Also, you don’t want to be bitten by a mosquito who has bitten him.
- Mosquitoes for Dengue fever bite during the daytime.
Visit your doctor if you have a high-grade fever and there is Dengue fever reported in your locality and you have any of the danger signs.
Update 2018 October:
Virulent strains of Dengue virus can be dangerous for kids and elderly and those who have pre-existing diseases like Diabetes, hypertension, chronic kidney diseases. Early and judicious fluid therapy in an ICU setup is the mainstay of therapy in Dengue. Platelet transfusion acts as an adjunct. Cleanliness and preventive measures in neighbourhoods, schools and in all public and private places have no replacement.
Disclaimer: The information provided is for awareness. Visit your doctor in case of fever Any use of products on babies should be started after proper skin testing and consultation with a pediatrician. This is not meant as a professional medical consultation.