I am thankful for family, love, loss and fights included.God gives us a family, our tribe.Our birth, death, and marriages are said to be destined.You are given a set of cards to play with and then Gods says there are no rules.
All families have secrets, most love each other and a few are fated to live and survive away from each other.
Sometimes the circumstances, sometimes our choices and often both, play a game.You want the perfect family but you get the one you work for. #Thanksgiving2017 Click To Tweet
Relationships are built over years.Shared passion, emotions, hardships, kinship and that special bond which connects survivors.When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching, they are your family. ”Jim Butcher #ThankfulThursdays Click To Tweet
A childhoods friend‘s mom told me once. “marry someone who will grow with you”.Because that makes the strongest bond.I think that’s true for all relationships.A family you grow with, becomes stronger and stays together.
My maternal uncles are a shining example of this.In fact, all my aunts and uncles on the maternal side showed a tremendous lot of kinship, family loyalty, and smart money behavior.
I mentioned the last one because I have seen many families face unpleasantness due to monetary issues.
Some people have more and some have less but that’s the way of the world.
It’s also a fun challenge if you look at it right.
I am meandering again.Getting back to the point.
My favorite aunts and uncles always pitched in to help each other for family emergencies.Both in cash and kind.While the kindness can never be repaid, the cash is always returned as soon as possible.But some things can’t be repaid and that’s understood.What they taught me is that you can take it forwards.
How did this help?
Since this was a mutual understanding it never had to be spelled out. Money talk gets icky so that helped.
Since no one defaulted on returning, everyone had a pool of resource to fall back on when there was a financial emergency overriding personal resource.That I think is an awesome model!
I have been influenced by the kindness, clarity, and loyalty my family shows for each other.They fight, but they have each other’s back.
You must remember, the family is often born of blood, but it doesn’t depend on blood. Nor is it exclusive of friendship. Family members can be your best friends, you know. And best friends, whether or not they are related to you, can be your family.” Trenton Lee Stewart, The Mysterious Benedict Society
I also believe I have extended my family to my circle of friends.
On Thanksgiving today I thank you for the blessings, the good and the hardships, because I believe all of them helped me and you.
Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.”
― George Burns
The Universe only gives us the battles we can fight and the family we can survive
Writing this on #ThankfulThursdays #November Thankfulness Challenge.
NovemberThankfulnessChallenge Part 4 :
#ThankfulThursdays Prompt this week :
- Must write on each of the 5 #ThanfulThursday prompts to be eligible.
- Must comment and share both the host’s post.
- Must comment and share 3 of the link ups posts
- Comment on the posts linked up and on the host’s posts with #ThankfulThursdays hashtag.Use the #for social sharing and tag us.(We are repeating this so that you don’t forget)
- Two winners and two gift vouchers are up for grabs.
- A minimum of 10 blog post entries will be deemed necessary for the contest to be validated, so make sure you invite and tag 2 of your friends to enter too!
- Your performance in this competition will have a score which will matter for the next part of the competition too!
- Keep your posts and engagement civil. Adult content/ affiliated links/ derogatory remarks/ hatred towards any religion is not allowed.
- Only posts in the link-up written on the prompt will be eligible for the contest and prize.
- All decisions of the judges are final and will appreciate your cooperation in the matter.Looking forward to your thank you notes this month.Write with a Thankful Heart!
Fill up this form telling us the posts you have commented on and the links to the social share links.(Very important5 step)
By entering this contest you give us(Amrita and Tina) your permission to tag you on social media and email you regarding contest updates, results and more such in the future.
General Rules of linky:(For those who are doing the challenge and those who are not)
Write on the prompt and Link Up.We have a fun new option.
You can submit tweet links and Instagram posts too.(Not for contest)
You can also link up other posts.Just comment on this post and my co-hosts post and any two of the posts in the link up.Share using #ThankfulThursdays hashtag.
We deeply believe in community spirit.Eagerly looking forward to visiting your blogs.
Prompts will be announced every Wed 20:00 hrs IST
The linky closes the following Wednesday 23.55 hours.