This year I made a promise.This was helped by someone who said, you don’t ever need permission to be thankful
Thankful Thursdays not only gives me a chance to write something in the middle of the week, it also helps me tick off to do list.While I am okay with reporting occasional misses, it breaks my heart if I am not as productive as I plan to be.
This week I have good news to report.
I am drinking more water.Yes in cold weather its a challenge for me too!That’s one of the reasons I decided to make that the first health topic I wrote about in 2018.
Check out my podcast Health tips with Healthwealthbridge.
I plan to do a weekly podcast(there I said it ), for now, and see where it goes from there.
The biggest reason I wanted to start with this is, I want to reach more people.Many busy moms are not able to spend hours reading on the laptop. But they can listen while doing housework and cooking.I listen to my favorite podcast by Amy Porterfield while making the bed every day.
It’s a wonderful start to the day.Motivational and gives me extra info about stuff I really need for my blog -biz.
I am also taking my sleep and dreaming seriously.No joking If I don’t get good sleep I seem to stop feeling creative.That’s no good.It makes everything a chore.
I also started working on two other things but more about that later.
I will start with the book reading challenge by Corinne. .My post is in the draft and I will link up this week.I have started reading and reviewing in 2018 already.
Today I plan to share with you a few of my favorite quotes from Swami Vivekananda’s teachings which have inspired me (His birthday is tomorrow).It’s a good opportunity to remember and relearn from his wisdom.
One good way to set your own inner good-bad thermostat straight is to read books and quotes ,which makes you think.Self-improvement is the most difficult journey.
Why it’s important to Remember Vivekananda: favorite quotes & my two pence!
- Society does not go down because of the activities of criminals, But because of the inactivities of the good people. Swami Vivekananda #ThankfulThursdays Click To Tweet
Is there a better time to talk about this than now?You and I have so long let things be that now water has run over our heads and we are left crying for basic rights like air and water.With air, water, and sound pollution making Indian cities and towns unlivable, when will we say enough?
- Everything is easy when you are busy. But nothing is easy when you are lazy.
Oh yes, procrastination is sneaky.You and I both are victims.When you cry you don’t have time think about the 5 important things you got done today.If you can’t list 5.Please rethink!
- Take Risks in Your Life If you Win, U Can Lead! If You Lose, You Can Guide!
You win either way right?All failures are stepping-stones to success!Its all about mindset.
- Purity, patience, and perseverance are the three essentials to success and above all love.
This is so true.Persist dear readers!
- The power of concentration is the only key to the treasure-house of knowledge.
True concentration will come from practicing meditation
- Meditation can turn fools into sages but unfortunately, fools never meditate.
He didn’t think of being politically correct.The calmer we are and the less disturbed our nerves, the better we will live.To be calm is one of the purposes of meditation.
- Learn everything that is good from others, but bring it in, and in your own way adsorb it; do not become others.
- You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself
I believe this deeply.God is inside all of us.So the first step to faith is to believe in ownself
Do not lower your goals to the level of your abilities. Instead, raise your abilities to the height of your goals.
When I Asked God for Strength He Gave Me Difficult Situations to Face.
When I Asked God for Brain & Brawn He Gave Me Puzzles in Life to Solve.
When I Asked God for Happiness He Showed Me Some Unhappy People When I Asked God for Wealth He Showed Me How to Work Hard When I Asked God for Favors, He Showed Me Opportunities to Work Hard.
When I Asked God for Peace, He Showed Me How to Help Others.
God Gave Me Nothing I Wanted He Gave Me Everything I Needed.
- Arise awake and stop not until the goal is achieved
Remember this when you want to snooze five more minutes.
- Talk to yourself once in a day.. otherwise, you may miss meeting an excellent person in this world.”
This is really a wonderful way to promote self-love and sel believe.
- You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul
Inside out.That’s the goal.
- Experience is the only teacher we have. we may talk and reason all our lives, but we shall not understand a word of truth.
That”s not far from the truth.
- Take up one idea, make that one idea your life. Think of it, the dream of it, Live on that idea let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.”
The focus of all energy should be your goal.What is the bigger picture?Don’t get caught up in the myth of perfectionism.That’s not here nor there.But what exists is your capacity to try.
- “If I love myself despite my infinite faults, how can I hate anyone at the glimpse of a few faults
- The mistake is that we want to tie the whole world down to our own plane of thought and to make out mind the measure of the whole universe
- We are what our thought has made us; So take care of what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; They travel far.
- Do not hate anybody, because that hatred which comes out from you must, in the long run, come back to you, if you love, that love will come back to you, completing the circle.
That’s profound and very difficult!
- You are the creator of your own destiny.
A deep believer in this one.Do you believe the wisdom of the ages can help you?What did you do this week which made you feel thankful ?Share in comments below and link up your thankful posts here.
Read the rules of participation here.