Are you a blogger?Are you on the Internet for a long time every day?Do you know you are at risk for this disease?
Computer strain:It can make you ill
What is Computer fatigue syndrome?
What problems will you have?
- Irritation in the eye
- Burning sensation
- Pain in the eye
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Generalised irritability
Computer Vision Syndrome :What complaints you may have
Why does this happen?
- Poor lighting
- Poor posture
- Prolonged digital
- Glare from the
How to avoid it ?
- Rotate your head and neck and shoulders every few minutes.
- Antiglare screens
- Antiglare eye glasses
- Good lighting
- Good seating posture.
Checklist to have healthy eyes while using digital screens
- Check lighting conditions
- Is your chair comfortable ?Does it give good back support?
- DIY your own standing desk with your treadmill to get healthy
- While typing on your keyboard ,keep the reference at the correct angle to avoid eyestrain.Ideally :It should be placed just above the keyboard and below the monitor.You can hold a document holder beside the monitor.
- To look at the monitor and the screen ,you should’nt have to move your head.
- Always check the position of the monitor to avoid muscle strain and eye strain.
- Its more comfortable to look at a computer screen , looking downwards.
- Its best if the computer screen is at 15 to 20 degrees(5 inches) below your eyes.
- LCD screens are preferred ,than old PC monitors.Avoid glare.Use Anti-glare screen.
- Light from windows and overhead light shouldn’t come from the back.It’s best to use drapes on the windows.Use floor lamps.Low wattage desk lamps .
- It’s better to have windows to your side than in front or behind.
- Blink frequently
- Use preservative free tear solution to prevent dryness.
- Chair should be comfortable. Preferably with hand rest
- Your feet should be touching the floor
- Check your computer display setting
Brightness :same as surrounding.Should be like a light source and not a glare .
- Text size should be around 14
- Black print white background
Exercise you can do:
- Take frequent rest breaks.
- While sitting rotate your feet and wrists while reading.Stand up, move
about and stretch your arms, legs, back, neck and shoulders.This will help
reduce tension and muscle fatigue.
- Try to give your eyes rest for 15 minutes after two hours of computer use. For every 20 minutes of computer work , shift your eyes and look into the distance for 20 seconds.This allows your eye muscles to relax and refocus.
- Blinking frequently helps a lot.It decreases your chances of getting dry eye. Blinking keeps your eye moist and healthy.
Who should take special care?
- If you use contact lenses you need to be more carefully.
- Checkups: Eye checkups Once a year at least.Eyeglasses with anti-reflective coating help to protect your eyes.
associated with Computer Vision Syndrome.
Originally posted 2017-04-21 19:10:28.