I absolutely love weekends.Childhood memories of weekends are lazy Sundays ,waking up to the aroma of my mom cooking a delicious breakfast.With cups of tea, mid-morning reading and napping snuggled up in my favorite armchair.I used to chat with my little sister, as the poor dear continued to nod sweetly, as I gave her innumerable gyans.Whatever I was reading in books newspapers, readers digest was imparted as distilled wisdom, to the unsuspecting younger sibling.She was a very attentive and a sweet listener.I am saying, listener, because she got a chance to say a few words, only when I took a moment to breathe!
“Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. Oprah Winfrey #ThankfulThursdays #HWB Click To Tweet
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough”
― Oprah Winfrey
Lunch always had mangsho bhaat, with a variety of other side dishes, all meant to improve nutrition and give us much-needed fibers.Ending with chaatni and mishti doi.Pure bliss after a delicious lunch.
Lazy Sunday afternoons were spent dozing on the bed, with a favorite book.This was punctuated by sweet afternoon siestas, while rest of the family watched the Bengali potboiler.My mom claimed those movies helped her sleep better!That’s, not something I could argue with.
Weekends are precious even now.I get angry if they are compromised.You need a break.Whatever you do professionally if you want to do it well, you need enthusiasm and passion for it.My hubby loves working.He can work non-stop.I take care that he rests and relaxes in between so that health doesn’t suffer.That’s what wekends are for!
Rest rejuvenation, peace of mind helps to lower stress improve immunity and wellbeing.Happiness quotient as measured in Bhutan should be embraced the world over.I feel that’s a true measure of how well a country is doing.
So what do I look forward to on weekends?
- No work discussion.Very important.
- Lazy meals together.
- Napping together.
- Playing together.
- Watching a movie together.
- Getting some house work done which needs a 6 footer, Like cleaning the fans and AC filters.
- I love pottering about the balcony garden while I get my hubby to trim the unruly climbers and erratic creepers.
- Chatting over a cup of green tea as Rai happily hula hops her way to happiness is my way to spend beautiful weekends.
Children relive the memories we make with them.Weekends are my little parcel of time to make family memories to keep us happy and store in our hearts.
What else would I love to do?
If the government makes shuttle helicopter service available throughout India, then I could quickly visit my mom , pick her up and go for a quick weekend trip to Mandarmoni.Sea beach and Rai are a good idea.
Weekends make me feel blessed even more because of the weekends I have a duty.That’s when I am even more thankful.
But what if you work at home?
Even more, reason to have boundaries and plans .which will help you keep your weekends free and work done without blurring the borders.
After all , we do our best work when we are feeling more energetic , right?That happens when you rest your mind and body.If you are tired doing something take a break for the weekend and go for a quick family trip.Come back feeling like a million dollars.
Our Prompt this week
Thankful for weekends
My Fruits for life book (Price Rs 299/) is available on Amazon.Don’t forget to grab your Amazon affiliate code and earn revenue whenever someone buys my book, through your code.Also If you fill up the form here I will let you know if its free for download!
Grab the badge
<div align="center"><a href="https://healthwealthbridge.com " rel="nofollow" title="Healthwealthbridge "><img src="//i0.wp.com/healthwealthbridge.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/IMG_20170127_141730.jpg" alt="Healthwealthbridge " style="border: none;" /></a></div>
Write on the prompt and Link Up. You can also link up other posts.Just comment on this post and my co-hosts post and any two of the posts in the link up.
We deeply believe in community spirit.Eagerly looking forward to visiting your blogs.
Blog hops: How to get the most benefits
- Follow @misra_amrita @twinklingtina ,@Deepagandhi1 @Mayuri6 on Twitter
- Prompts will be announced every Wed 20:00 hrs IST
- Linky opens on Thursdays 00.00 hours.
- The linky closes the following Wednesday 23.55 hours
- Write the post and Link Up with Amrita, Tina, Deepa or Mayuri
- By Joining the linky you are giving us permission to email and or tweet you a weekly reminder.
- We share your entries on twitter and other social media platform generously.Who doesn’t like blog promotion?
- Read, comment, share on the host and co-hosts posts and at least two more posts linked in the party.
- Pro Tip – Networking and commenting is good for your blog’s health and ranks
- Comment rules: 2 sentences at least 15 words and should be relevant to the main post.
- Use #ThankfulThursdays in your post and share on social media using the same hashtag.