Obesity nowadays, gets a lot of attention due to the many resultant , medical issues .Rarely do we think about the mental status and emotional upheaval an overweight person goes through in their struggle with yo- yoing weight.
Like many other super busy females , my diet and lifestyle was a total mess.I was actually one of those who are on the verge to topple over to the wrong side…I was Obese(that’s actually an impolite word for fat).
The self delusions
I’m plump not fat ! But that’s a version I had created to make myself temporarily happy 😉 .But the constant inner struggle with the weight issue was taking over my life.
2 years back I decided enough was enough! It was time to put my foot firmly down and “Battle the Bulge”
Slow And Steady..
So as a new perspective to the topic I’d like to emphasize that “slow and steady does win the race” . No one changes drastically (except film stars, and they get paid for that) so just keep steady and continue your journey from being PLUMP to “oh wow”.
You’ll find loads of sites telling you how to loose weight, easy way hard way. 5 minute workout,15 minute workout but please don’t fall for capsules, powders, fad diets. They are harmful and they almost never helps in loosing weight but are definitely good way to lose money.
I’m sorry to tell you this but there’s only one way to succeed and it’s always the long way.What works for one may not for another.That is the crux of the problem, and also the solution.
I needed diet and exercise personalised to suite my lifestyle, body type and emotional makeup.Anything drastic often worked only in the short time.
Well, I tried yoga, but sitting on mat and meditating was not my style .Though “suryanamaskar” 10-20 times/day helped my sister. It took her just 3 months for noticeable loss in inches.
Through my series of blog posts I will take you along with me on my “battle with the bulge”! Personally I took on walking but the progress was depressingly slow.I nearly gave up on it , when one fine day my friend commented that I was toning up! That made my day.
To cut it short, I’m not here to tell you how to loose weight as you can find many healthy recipes, exercises, and yoga on the Internet. I’ll tell you how to cope with all this, when you are still plump.
I am going to be your girlfriend who will be your weight loss BFF. I will hold your hand when you lack motivation.High five you when you achieve your goals and be with you in your journey every step of the way.
Quick tips to help you along:
- Wear clothes that are of your size .Loose c, ill-fitting clothes make you look fatter and unfashionable.
- First of all “Don’t give up”….. ever .Continue the efforts because it really shows.
- Use jazzy accessories as a focal point to drag attention away from waist .Necklaces preferably longer ones, dangling earrings & lots of bangles. Do flaunt them outrageously.
- Broader and wider neckline, cowl neck, deep V necked,and deep back they all helps. High necks are big NO NO…
- A good hairstyle helps; please don’t hold on to old hairstyle ,if it’s not doing anything for you.Nothing can make you more noticeable than a drastic change” so go ahead get a highlight, or shorter hairstyle, straightening anything that suits you.
- Always carry a big bag. Your bag should be proportionate to your body; a smaller and snug bag will make you look bulkier.
- If you are confident then short clothes like snug skirts or shorts just till or above the knee will make you slimmer and taller.
- Be confident and carry yourself with grace.You are unique and gorgeous in your own unique way.Confident style improves your stature and outlook of people towards you.
- Most important tip of all click cute pictures.
Here are few tips: always find someone bulkier than you to click picture with.
Hide behind something or anything? Hold your baby in front or a cushion & even your bag it’ll do the trick.
Take picture from above so that the lower half of body’s out of focus…. Believe me nothing’s more encouraging than 50 likes on Facebook.
Though these ideas will not to help you lose weight, but they’ll help you ,while you are loosing few pounds and encourage you to do more…. Keep it up.
Get Gorgeous and stay gorgeous….
You can check some tips for a healthy lifestyle HERE