No one likes to hear a baby crying. As a mother, you will always want to prevent it and give baby relief as quickly as possible. That’s why you need to know why colic happens and the first steps to prevent and give relief.
Persistent, inconsolable baby crying due to gaseous abdominal distension, mostly in the evening without any other identifiable causes.
- Poor feeding technique causes aerophagia or excessive air in the stomach and distension.
- Poor burping technique
- Top fed babies
- Mothers having a certain food intolerance, baby may have similar intolerance and may have colic, if diet includes them.
- Proper feeding technique prevents excessive air being swallowed.
- Proper burping technique helps eject the air which is swallowed during suckling even at a minimal.
- Change of formula in top fed babies in case of lactose intolerance
- In some cases, maternal diet may need changes if the baby is breastfeeding
- Home remedies like the Mother sparsh Hing tummy roll on fennel oil or hing oil compress.
View this post on Instagram
How does Hing tummy roll on by Mother Sparsh work?
For baby’s colic pain remedy, Mother Sparsh has developed a Tummy Roll On, which is made up of the combination of different natural oils.
It contains natural oils Hing Oil, Pudina Oil, Sonth Oil, Saunf Oil, and Sova Oil. The unique combination of 5 Oils helps ease stomach discomfort. The benefit of Hing oil for colic is widely known The presence of fennel oil (Saunf Oil) in this roll on has anti-colic properties which help to reduce stomach bloating, gas and also helps the baby to burp.
Hing or asoefitida is an interesting ingredient in the Indian kitchen. Since ancient times in Indian households, in case of flatulence and distension of the stomach, asafoetida or Hing was dissolved in hot water and a pad of cloth steeped in it was used for fomenting over the abdomen(source). The gum resin and the hing oil has antispasmodic, carminative, laxative, and sedative effects. This method is cumbersome and that’s why the tummy roll-on is a boon and blessing. You can buy it on Amazon
How to use Mother Sparsh Hing tummy roll on?
Apply directly on the stomach around the naval area.
- Relieves Gas Pain: – Hing (Asafoetida) helps to relieve abdominal colic, gas and indigestion. Since it acts locally the baby tolerates it better.
- Skin Friendly Ingredients:- This product does not contain any chemicals. Its suitable for sensitive skin and is also free from alcohol.
- It’s pocket-friendly
- It’s travel-friendly.
- It’s free from preservatives
- Baby not thriving and not gaining weight adequately
- Decreased urine output
- Persistent distension not responding to home remedy
- Not feeding well.
- Home remedies not working
Do not delay and visit your doctor quickly if the baby has any of the above symptoms and not getting relief.