Whenever I think of leaving for foreign shores, a strange sadness pulls at my heartstrings. I cannot imagine living anywhere else other than my motherland. With all its challenges and struggles this is my country and my home .This week I will be writing about India and why I love being an Indian.F irst in the series with #ThankfulThursdays!
#1 I am thankful for the natural flora fauna, unique natural beauty in different parts of this country. I traveled to Mahabalipuram in the South with a gorgeous blue sea and also to the mountains of Darjeeling. Both beautiful and a part of our identity.
#2 I am thankful for the family structure, the sanctity of relationships that the Indian family system encourages. Social ills and evils aside, its this bond between the different generations that make Indians blessed.
#3 I am thankful to be born a Hindu. There is no other religion with so many Gods, so many festivals and so many divine powerful female Goddesses. Our Goddesses can fight against wrongs and so can we. As a child, I used to read a mythological book by Upendrakishore Roychoudhury . It was full of Gods, Goddesses, demons and deep morals. I also used to read a lot of books on Indian vrats and their significance. It was fascinating. In our school again our Catholic sisters talked about God and his mercy. That never confused me, because I read somewhere that religion is a way of life. The Gods answer your prayers, only when you believe and have faith. I have a strong faith. That I think is a part of me being born an Indian.
#4 I am thankful for the Indian constitution which is one of the best in this world.
#5 I am thankful that I can live on my own terms and have my own identity. In many countries of this world, women are refused basic dignities. Comparing to western countries is not the agenda. I would rather compare to countries who are as old as us.
#6 I am thankful I saw the Indian education system close up and learned from it.
#7 I am thankful for the jugaad mentality which helps us think outside the box.
#8 I am thankful for the ability to help those who need help the most, through the Government healthcare system .Overburdened but still trying. That’s special!
#9 I am thankful for the Indian army who keep us safe, every moment of every day.
#10 I am thankful for the Reserve Bank of India who try to balance the impossible.
#11 I am thankful for surviving demonetization.
I am thankful for being back with Thankful Thursdays.I continued writing thank you notes, but its more fun with friends.H ope you join us.
Know all about #Thankful Thursdays
PROMPT This week:
Thank you note to India!
Rules of link up
- Blog hops: How to get the most benefits
- Follow @misra_amrita @twinklingtina
- Prompts will be announced every Wednesday
- Write the post and Link Up with DrAmrita, Tina
- By Joining the linky you are giving us permission to email and or tweet you a weekly reminder.
- We share your entries on Twitter and other social media platform generously. Who doesn’t like blog promotion?
- Read, comment, share on the host and co-hosts posts and at least two more posts linked in the party.
- Pro Tip – Networking and commenting is good for your blog’s health and ranks
- Comment rules: 2 sentences at least 15 words and should be relevant to the main post.
- Use #ThankfulThursdays in your post and share on social media using the same hashtag.