A, few days back someone kindly offered me a barter.
He offered to give me an upgraded blog.You just need to.write five 1000 word posts per month for me.The contract will be for 1 year.I will be getting a lot of contacts who will have paid work too which obviously he will send my way (for a commission).
Wow sounds like an angel screams my heart.
Eeks that’s work with no pay for which he will have a legal contract and you will be giving access to your blog’s database. (He will need that if you want to revamp your blog! )
My hubby who helps me with all sensible and practical decisions, of running this little venture looked aghast.
You already have a system in place for working with brands independently and through platforms like Blogmint.Why did you even talk to him?
Oh, he got my attention by saying he will pretty up my blog!
Lessons I learnt being a mom blogger
- If something sounds too good to be true,its probably not true.
- If it can’t be explained simply it’s probably because I can’t get it clearly myself or haven’t spent enough time on it.Blogging helped me be more creative with my explanation of medical jargon.
- People will try to sell you stuff all the time.Just like in a mela. But you know that right?People want to earn money ,take care of their family etc.But you buy deciding on whether it would help you,whether you can afford it.Until you get some guidance, it takes a little time.But you can do it.Either time or money something you have to spend, something!
Blogging is a unique platform .It’s your own publishing world.What you send out into the virtual world will hopefully be there for your great grandchildren to read.So make it count.Digital immortality.
- Does blogging make real income in a non-sleazy manner?Yes .
Is it easy? NO .Is anything in the world which gives you a good income, easy ?No.Doctors have a comfortable lifestyle.The levels of comfort vary with the hours we put in , the stress on our health , the time from our family.Plus we help people too That’s really the cherry on the cake.
That’s why blogging attracted me.You help. You constantly learn and with time you learn the secret.
- Blogging as a career option has one major problem.Until you have something to sell and which helps make an income, your income is hardly stable. But there’s good news.If your blog has authority you will have brands willing to work with you.Now choose carefully.
- If you blog just to share your thoughts ,that’s fine too.Just don’t judge others, because they have different goals.Until you have a goal you reach know where.That’s the truth.
- Ultimately only things which help others and have value stand the test of time.
Find at least a few friends do who will tell the truth.Make a mastermind group.Share and grow together.
For mom bloggers who want to do it by themselves, it’s never easy.Plus it’s a blessing that I don’t have a credit card.
Saying that, for my theme I plan to demystify and tell the truth about the Genius Blogger’s toolkit and other Blogging tools/books/courses, health hacks and time management tips I use to stay sane.
How much it helps and what I learnt.Thats my April goal.Lots of reading ,learning and writiung.
Linking up with #mg here