If you are reusing mineral water plastic bottles at home, this is the time to recycle them, but not for drinking water. If you are still buying plastic water bottles for drinking water then you must read this post.
Plastic is no doubt durable. They will outlive us and sooner if you continue to use them. They have an average degradation time of 1000 years. With increasing plastic waste, the soil, water your food everything gets polluted. There’s no coming back. Plastic pollution is serious.
While we can’t go back in time and reverse the harm, what we can do is stop causing any more harm.W hen you go for a picnic that plastic water bottle is very handy right?
Plastic in sunlight can leach toxins in your water which has been suspected to be a factor in breast cancers. There also may be bacterial overgrowth as plastic bottles often retain organisms. If your water tastes funny after you have kept in water, you shouldn’t drink it.
Carry your own Instacuppa water bottle at the workplace or drink from the beautiful glass bottle at home. You will stop worrying about plastic fallout.
How do plastics affect human health?
The additives used in plastics like phthalates, bisphenol A or polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE), can alter the endocrine system(1)
There’s evidence that chewing plastic teethers and toys have severe adverse health outcomes Cancers, birth defects, impaired immunity, endocrine disruption, developmental and reproductive effects have been found. (2)
Microplastics in seafood has serious health implications. (3)
Their occurs systemic distribution after oral exposure to nanoparticles Effects include cardiopulmonary responses, alterations of endogenous metabolites, genotoxicity, inflammatory responses, oxidative stress, alteration in nutrient absorption, gut microflora, and reproduction.
Is it safe to reuse packaged water bottles?
Aquafina and packaged water bottles are made of plastic or #1PET which should not be reused. Bacteria growing inside these water bottles cannot be easily cleaned and there is a risk of leaching of harmful chemicals.
How to help prevent plastic waste
- Stop buying plastic containers, water bottles, bags.
- Reuse, upcycle plastic containers for storing nonedible items. Store your make upPens, pencils, rubbers. Pins, medicines, knick-knacks but don’t store food.
- Don’t use plastic containers for food storage. Stainless steel or glass is better.
- Don’t cook in the plastic containers, given free with microwave.
- When you travel to dispose of plastic waste only in designated area. Throwing it in the river, pond water body or inside the bush is not a solution. Remember the toxins come back into your body through the soil water and food grown
- Don’t burn plastic. It’s a bad idea
- Drink water from a glass water bottle at home and get rid of the plastic bottles.
Ongoing efforts to steer human society toward resource conservation and sustainable consumption are discussed, including the concept of the 5 Rs–i.e., reduce, reuse, recycle, rethink, restrain–for minimizing pre- and postnatal exposures to potentially harmful components of plastics
In this study about usage of plastic bags, we found that though people were aware of the hazards of plastic, they were still unwilling to give it up.
How to carry your water while traveling?
Metal bottles and thermos are a great way to be trendy eco-friendly and still reuse that bottle.
Instacuppa steel bottle with infuser is made with top quality food safe 18/8 stainless steel that is BPA free and rust resistant. The wide mouth opening and smooth interior surface make even cleaning your bottle a breeze. Our infuser steel water bottle is leak proof and great for making your daily detoxing juice. NO MORE WET HANDS OR DESKS – powder-coated matte finish never sweats, preventing slippery bottles or dreaded stains on wood surfaces.
- When you stop using Plastic water bottles, you make a difference. You signal to the manufacturers that plastic is not wanted. If it doesn’t make economic sense they will stop.
- You signal to your body that you are ready to take care of it better.
- You signal to mother earth that you are a part of it.
Plastic pollution of the environment is the plastic pollution of your own body. Take the first step today!What is your plan about drinking water bottle ?Will you say no to plastic today?
Disclaimer: This article is meant to help create awareness and spread knowledge. All decision regarding your health should be done after consultation with your doctor. While all efforts are made to keep articles updated the speed of research in these fields mean the information often may change when more research knowledge is available. Healthwealthbridge or the authors should be in no way held responsible in that case. This is a sponsored post and is a part of Instacuppa powered SuperBloggerChallenge, but all opinions are strictly mine. Read my full disclosure here.