Green tea has taken the world by storm. For a Ginger chai person, this was really difficult. But when the post-pregnancy weight seemed to increase, my hubby asked me a question.
How many liters of milk are you having daily with that creamy ginger tea? The sugar and thickened milk still make me happy, but I had to give up this evening tea, for my cup of green tea. The good thing about this is you can have it anywhere. Carry it and you never miss your green tea
Make it anywhere by carrying your favorite tea bags. My favorite tea is the Golden tips Green tea.
What to do when you travel?
Even five-star hotels don’t make green tea as you do. Don’t worry. Make your green tea in an InstaCuppa Detox Double Walled Glass Bottle Infuser. It is a 450 ML Steel Infuser Unit you can also find at instacuppastore .
The 470 ml InstaCuppa Thermos Infuser Water Bottle is good too.
Even better get an InstaCuppa Vacuum Insulated Tea Travel Mug.It is 470 ML, stainless Steel infuser unit, with a sipper lid & Filter. It is double walled Thermos Flask and has a no-slip, Silicone Grip.
How to brew the perfect cup of green tea
- Measure your water.
- Don’t boil water. Or if water is boiled let it cool down for 5 minutes
- Put in a little amount of loose leaves or tea bag.
- Keep for two minutes if you want a light flavor and longer if you want a stronger flavor.
- Skip the sugar.
- You can add ginger to the water while heating for a gingery green tea
- You can add lemon and a dash of honey to the green tea.
Important to know
- Green tea has caffeine and stimulates metabolism.
- Don’t overdo it as it can make you jittery and make sleep difficult.
- In case you want to sweeten it, try honey or jaggery. Sugar substitutes too can have several issues.
Why does green tea increase metabolism?
The caffeine in green tea, like that in regular tea and caffeine, give a boost to your metabolism.
Can Green tea suppress appetite?
Not really, until you count it as a fluid to fill you up,
But does Green tea help you lose weight?
- Several Cochrane reviews showed green tea helped reduce weight in test group more than the placebo group. Cochrane Systematic Review including 14 RCTs showed in the green tea group lost an average of 0.2 to 3.5 kg more than those in the control group over 12 weeks.
- But the results were not statistically significant.
- Secondly, the green tea used in trials used concentrated active ingredients (catechins and caffeine) of green tea.
But if you skip milk while having green tea, the drink is automatically lower in calorie. If you don’t sweeten it, then your drink has minimal calories. Any weight loss is good weight loss, at least you don’t gain weight when you drink it!
What’s your take on green tea’s weight loss property?
Check out my another Instacuppa favorite the Fruit infuser bottle
Disclaimer: This article is meant to help create awareness and spread knowledge. All decision regarding your health should be done after consultation with your doctor. While all efforts are made to keep articles updated the speed of research in these fields mean the information often may change when more research knowledge is available. Healthwealthbridge or the authors should be in no way held responsible in that case. This is a sponsored post and is a part of Instacuppa powered SuperBloggerChallenge, but all opinions are strictly mine. Read my full disclosure here.