Who am I? I am Dr.Amrita Basu (Misra). I am an ENT and Head Neck surgeon. Previously working at a Medical College, wife of a Pediatrician and mother of a tricky preschooler. My husband Dr.Abhijit Misra (MBBS, MD Pediatric Medicine) is behind a lot of the content planning and writing. Healthwealthbridge is a website by Dr.Amrita Basu and Dr.Abhijit Misra. All medical content is either written by us, written by another medical professional or edited by us. We believe in improving public healthcare information using digital media to make it accessible to all.
No treatment is prescribed on the website and we adhere to research backed peer-reviewed articles and all references are provided with articles.
Together we are a team, but ever since I had my baby life has become a relay race. Both of us cope with baby duty, professional duty, and household duty in that order! This website is a chance to share our professional knowledge and personal experience as a doctor. It is also a blueprint of our journey towards financial freedom.
Often when the baby was sleeping I used to surf the Internet, signed up for courses read books, checked my mail umpteen times per day and shopped online (loved that, but a tad one-sided hobby) and generally felt life had come to standstill.
I was so bored. Everything was the same old, same old stuff. Not challenging at all. I discovered blogging. So much to learn, and totally different from whatever I was doing for the majority of my Life! Talk about a challenge and there it was.
I want to spread awareness about preventive health care and healthy choices needed every day. Health is a daily step in the right direction and my mission is to put the right tags in the places people will find and follow!
Most blogs which are successful are making money(obviously), but they all really have amazing content and that is truly inspiring. So many people with different problems, dreams, talents, all are trying to help in their own way. By helping others they are not only improving their karma but are also striving towards Financial Freedom!
In this content explosion whom do you trust?
This is where Healthwealthbridge always promises to deliver.No urban legends. Only research-based articles, generously mixed with our experience and professional knowledge. With each niche article, you are getting the opinion of two registered medical practitioners at the same time.
I wrote five books
I completed two seasons of Super Blogger Challenge powered by Instacuppa with Dr.BushraTo reach people beyond geographical, physical and time boundaries is my dream. You may live anywhere but I will be your friend who is just an email away.
(I also have a VIP Membership option )
14 Random Things about me
1) I love to travel, garden, read and chat with my friends. I am a certified chatterbox. I was regularly scolded in class for talking too much and distracting my friends,I still have both superpowers intact.
2) I am a sporadic cook, with sudden bursts of inspiration. But I love cooking delicious healthy, recipes which are quick to make. The keywords here are healthy, tasty and quick.
3) I love meeting new people. But I am an Aquarian, so close friends are special.
4) I did my undergraduate medical training at Calcutta Medical College, which is one of the oldest and best medical colleges in Asia.
5) My Postgraduate training was in ENT & Head-Neck surgery at Safdarjang Hospital in New Delhi. Another institute which helped me stronger and smarter.
6) My favorite writers are Enid Blyton, Satyajit Ray, Erle Stanley Gardener, and Agatha Christie.
7) If I was not a Doctor I would probably be a lawyer like Perry Mason.
8) My favorite thing to do on a day off is to spend time with my family.
9) I don’t like it when people complain about their situations in life but are not willing to do anything about it. That’s something which makes me want to rant!
10) I sincerely believe the single most important thing other than Gods grace, which determines success, is persistence.
11) My favorite travel destination …mountains.
12) I have a younger sister.
13) I owe everything I am today to my family who has been with me through thick and thin.
14)My aim in life is to be able to do my small part in making this world a better place for the children.
We have to do, what we want to do....what happens is already destined! Only one life to live, let's make the most out of it. Click To Tweet
- I also have a Podcast and a Youtube channel.
- Read my Blog here
- Find me on Lybrate a site where I share medical advice.
- Awards and mentions are something you will enjoy knowing.
Want to contact me personally?
Email me at email@example.com or say hi to me on Twitter @misra_amrita and I will always reply.
You can sign up below for my weekly newsletter. It’s the perfect prescription for a healthy and happy life.
This is what Twitter friend said
@misra_amrita Thing is, if people started thanking you 4 ur very informative posts, your mailbox would have overloaded with thank-u mails 🙂
— Kathakali Mukherjee (@KathakaliM) February 25, 2017
Look what people say about me
March 8th is #womensday. For me March is Womens Month and this #March i shall be honoring women in my own little way. Women who go about changing their life, and the world, in their own quiet way. Women blossom and re-blossom throughout their lives, thus in age making a beautifully garden’d reminiscence of many kinds of flowers. ~Terri Guillemets, “Tending,” 2012 I start with Dr Amrita Basu. Doctor. Wife. Mother. Tech Whiz. Nature Lover. Gardener , and more. Thanks to her infectious love for nature and gardening I cannot pass a blooming tree or shrub without thinking of Amrita. She nurtures her balcony garden (do check her instagram feed) with as much passion as she nurtures her blog. Despite a crazy work schedule she finds time to help tech challenged people like me, and many others 😀 while she’s being a hands on #Mom, #wife and #friend. Kudos to you, Amrita! May your tribe increase! #nature #naturelover #ilovenature #flowers #flowerpower #Blogger #writer #writers #blogging #writersofinsta #naturephotography #greenery #plantsofinstagram #plants #fresh #pink