An interesting comment by our Honourable Governor Shri Keshari Nath Tripathi got me thinking.He was talking about the degrading quality of soaps on television.Now a very popular news channel,(we are fans but don’t agree to everything the anchor says) hosted a debate.One of the participant claimed that serials are based on society just dramatized.For that matter Ramayana and Mahabharata had more evil and women degrading content than any serial.
Interesting point.But I understood what the Governor tried to say.I had written about a favourite book of mine The Trick to Money Is Having Some by Stuart Wilde
Two quotes I need to repeat
You have a divine right to choose whom you will play with and under what circumstances.
By eliminating any energy drag ,the positive things in your life will resonate faster and faster
Why I mentioned both?The first one is about choice .You can choose not to watch nonsense.Once TRP goes down ,automatically the nature of your favourite soaps will change.You have the power in your hand.Its called a Remote control! Unfortuantely we are the creature of habits so make good habits!
Saying that the second point is what our Governor wanted to put forward.Make social dramas exploring positive actions ,about good people , more than negative events.Yes good always wins over evil .But in the last episode.I have been guilty of watching mindless soaps too.Till I suddenly realized my five-year old was watching them with me!
Why would I want her to grow up watching ugly human behaviour?No reason at all.What we do everyday we attract more of it .If you spend time with positive people you think more optimistically .When I wrote about Happiness,Optimism and Health:The magic potion the parts fit!Why most of the world is struggling was becoming clear.I understood why I struggle every time I have a night duty at the hospital.I understood about fear-mongering. About why news channel cover terror attacks obsessively.Why we needed to turn this around.
That’s when I was given the link to this wonderful event .
We are the World Blogfest #WATWB
It was at http://www.damyantiwrites.com/ that I found a group of bloggers trying to do just that!
Damayanti Biswas ,Belinda Witzenhausen, Emerald Barnes, Eric Lahti, Inderpreet Uppal, Kate Powell, Lynn Hallbrooks, Mary Giese, Michelle Wallace, Peter Nena, Roshan Radhakrishnan, Simon Falk, Susan Scott, Sylvia McGrath, Sylvia Stein, Chrissie Parker, Carol Walsh
- Keep your post to below 500 words.
- All we ask is you link to a human news story on your blog on the last Friday of each month, one that shows love, humanity, and brotherhood. Something like this news, about a man who only fosters terminally ill children.
- Join us on the last Friday of each month in sharing news that warms the cockles of our heart. No story is too big or small, as long as it goes beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
- Place the WE ARE THE WORLD Badge on your sidebar, and help us spread the word on social media. Tweets, Facebook shares, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. More Blogfest signups mean more friends, love and light for all of us.
- We’ll read and comment on each others’ posts, get to know each other better, and hopefully, make or renew some friendships with everyone who signs on as participants in the coming months.
Sign up in the WE ARE THE WORLD Linky List below and please help spread the word via the hashtag #WATWB.
This is a Blog Hop!
I will be participating .What about you?Grab the code and badge.
— Damyanti Biswas (@damyantig) March 18, 2017
Whats your opinion about attracting positive people?What about the ostrich syndrome?Comment below to let me know.
Originally posted 2017-03-18 08:00:03.