Table Of Contents
No one can prepare you for mommyhood.
No one can warn you.
No one can clue you in.
The best they can do is give you vague ideas and vaguer advice.
Because you never tell such startling truths about giving birth right?
One such secret is about raising happy wellbalanced kids.
The truth is all children are more or less born happy.
Till they learn to frown from you and me.
If you want to raise happy children you have to be happy.
There really are no two ways to do this.
You may feel you have it tough mommy.
But mothers are architects of the future.
You have the power .
But why is being a mother so important?
The little child today is a citizen of tomorrow.As a mother you help in nation building.It maynot appear like that when you are struuggling ,but believe me it is.
That’s why mom you must remember selfcare.
Not once a week or once a month.But everyday!
Things you must do alone everyday to keep it together, even when things fall apart
- Brush your teeth take a bath, comb the hair and put on the lipstick.Self care is more than just looking good.
Looking and feeling good go together.
Your mind and body feel together.
So start getting the hair out of the weird bun.
Make a stylish messy bun instead .
Keep hair out of face and look good.
Doing self care in your own privacy is a luxury for moms.
But we need to start.Maybe soak your feet in warm water before going to bed.
Go for a walk or a swim .But do something for your health.
- Read a book even a few pages atleast .It will help you feel sane.If you have other hobbies do that.Its important you remember you in the mad rush of being mommy.
- Talk to your partner alone .Spending time with him will put the shine in your smile and sparkle in your life.
- Talk to a friend .May be another mommy friemd.Having a shoulder to cry on helps keep it together .
- Mediate for 5 minutes alone or just sit stand .
- Spend time alone, atleast 5 minutes will help you regroup.
Being a mommy is magical.but we need to refill our cups everyday .
Thats what these daily practices help you with.
#MondayMommyMoments prompt this week
What must you do alone everyday to stay sane ?