While I am writing the post I am lounging at the poolside in Goa .Yes I am travelling .The wifi here has an interesting charge of 100 rupees per hour .So I am thankful to Vodafone 3G.It’s not doing too badly and saving me money I can’t give to this hotel!
This week has been impossible. My biggest help at the hospital had to take leave suddenly because of a family emergency. Last year’s batch of interns had their convocation yesterday,which unfortunately I missed and the next batch is starting today.We missed both the events because we desperately needed a break.Rai’s new session starts next week and I get crabby and my feet tingles every 2 months.I like doing little or nothing on holidays .The sheer bliss of no worries can be the biggest therapy.
Summers at the hospital are beyond crazy .Queues stretch wherever you look.The poor people who throng the hospital ,have a tough time and so do the doctors .Writing on the prescription pad ,medicine slip ,investigation slips get progressively challenging as the mercury rises .When there are 77 doctors per lakh patients in India how can doctors maintain any uniformity in the service they offer.
A doctor in Mumbai had referred a patient to a different hospital for a neurosurgery consultation .He was so badly beaten up that he lost an eye.I have faced threats of bodily harm by people claiming to be family members ,because they believed only males can be surgeons.I still have nightmares .
Do I lament the ignorance of these people or pray for my own self ?
Can anyone honestly be above human error? While I am going to write my thankfulness post with a worried heart, I wonder how far things will get worse before things can get better
Prompt this week
5 small joys that you are Thankful for
Our winner this week is Manisha of zarahatkeblog.wordpress.com.
RULES OF THE LINKY
Write on the prompt and Link Up.
You can link up any woman’s day related post in this linky.You can also link up other posts .
Just comment on this post and my co-hosts post and any two of the posts in the link up.
I deeply believe in community spirit.Eagerly looking forward to visiting your blogs.
- Follow @misra_amrita @twinklingtina ,@Deepagandhi1 @Mayuri
Prompts will be announced every Wed 20:00 hrs IST.
- Write the post and Link Up with Amrita , Tina,Deepa or Mayuri .
- By Joining the linky you are giving us permission to email and or tweet you a weekly reminder.
- We share your entries on twitter and other social media platform generously.Who doesn’t like blog promotion?
- Read, comment, share on host and co-hosts posts and at least two more posts linked in the party .
- Pro Tip – Networking and commenting is good for your blog’s health and ranks
- Comment rules: 2 sentence at least 15 words and should be relevant to the main post.
- Use #ThankfulThursdays in your post and share in social media using the same hashtag.
- Every week we will have one featured blogger who is the best reflection of this community spirit.
Grab the badge
<div align="center"><a href="http://healthwealthbridge.com " rel="nofollow" title="Healthwealthbridge "><img src="//i0.wp.com/healthwealthbridge.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/IMG_20170127_141730.jpg" alt="Healthwealthbridge " style="border: none;" /></a></div>
Submit your link