The best way to shop is when it’s a challenge and when it’s with friends.I avoid the jostling crowds that shop with religious fervor.With a kid in tow and hubby looking progressively mutinous , shopping for me is best done in the comfort of my home, online.
The immense amount of stuff that keeps accumulating with a child growing up, has made me a careful shopper.I buy after making a list.Window shopping online can be even more dangerous than in shopping malls.The websites will then keep on sending you emails with various price versions and you will be seeing that same product everywhere(called retargeting), till you give in and buy.
I have short to-dos when I go buying
- I make a list of what I want to buy.I am a list person.I have lists for everything.There’s a deep-rooted pleasure in checking ut something on a list, with a red pen is
- Keep an approximate budget.Buying and being guilty about it spoils the fun.
- I check my home for similar items(happens for clothes, mostly) and think about why I want to buy.This I do because I love shopping and hate the process of finding a place to squeeze in the new purchases.It’s a dream that one day all the stuff will magically fit in.That’s why I always declutter before going shopping.Online or offline.
Disclaimer: There are affiliate links in the following part.This means if you click on a link and buy something I will make a small commission, which in no way affects the price you pay to buy it.Your help is the best way to support this website.Read my full disclaimer.
Shopping on a Budget and making money :3 steps
1)I keep a watch out for the heavily discounted sales on Amazon.Check out my curated list of Amazon sale seasons.The last 5 years of my experience with Amazon has shown they have the least price across all categories.The Great Indian Shopping Festival is coming up on the 21st.It will be running until the 24th.Make a list and shop smart. Get my list of must buy books to do more here.
2)I use Amazon Prime.
3)I have a Cashkaro account.How does Cashkaro work?
It’s pretty simple.
- Make your own account.
- Search for your product.
- Find the list of sites with best deals.
- Shop at the online portal which you love and money will be credited to your account as NEFT in the bank/Amazon vouchers/Flipkart vouchers.
Check it out here.
Did you know the cash gets tracked to your account within 72 hours?Cashback generally gets confirmed
within 4-12 weeks and you get paid.This waiting time was the biggest con for me .
They are responsive to Twitter messages and have an easily navigable site.
Durga Pujo is for worship and the prepujo days are for shopping!Shop smart and shop carefully.Money saved is money earned.Buy things which you need.
Warning from an ex-shopaholic
- Avoid buying plastic and non-ecofriendly products
- Do not buy makeup in bulk.They expire soon and are harmful when used beyond expiry date.
- Invest in quality accessories and clothes which are classics.
- Make it a game with a friend.The best deals you can find and on a budget.
Share with me on Twitter , by tagging me.I would love to know what you shopped for.Writing this for #MondayMommyoments.
MondayMommyMoments prompt 38
RULES OF LINKY:
Comment on this post and co-hosts post You can write a post prompt or link up your new post in the linky. We share and visit each blogger who links up. This is not just a blog hop.This is a journey. That’s a total of at least 4 posts we want you to give some love. Write the post and Link Up with Amrita or Deepa.Follow on Twitter @Deepagandhi1 & @misra_amrita.
Use #Mondaymommymoments or #MMM in your post and share on social media using the same hashtag.
By Joining the linky you are giving us permission to email and or tweet you a weekly reminder.
Did you know reading blogs makes your Alexa better? We deeply believe in community spirit.
Copy the badge code and put it at the end of your post.
Eagerly looking forward to visiting your blogs. Prompts will be announced every Sunday at 21.00 hrs IST.Linky opens till Sunday 21.00 hours.
We always visit the blogs and promote them as much as possible.It’s like your own blog promo.What’s not to love? We share your entries on Twitter and other social media platforms generously. Who doesn’t like blog promotion? Click the blue button below and submit your blog post.
Disclosure: If you decide to buy or make a purchase, please do so after carefully reading the terms and conditions of the portals mentioned.This is my personal experience with these sites.Read my full disclosure here.
I am taking my Blog to the next level with #MyFriendAlexa and Blogchatter.