Teaching the value of money is difficult.Guess why?Because we have a twisted psychology towards it.If you have grown up in a middle-class family you have obviously heard the talk about living honestly and comfortably.Don’t need a lot of money!
Poverty is glorified and poverty and honesty seem to go together.While wealth and dishonesty are best friends.
That’s a big mind block to making or saving money.The mechanism is so ingrained that whenever people have more money they spend it on unnecessary items.This continues till they go back to that comfortable state of just enough money.
How useful is this psychology for Making or keeping Money?
Not useful at all.
For teaching children about money should come from childhood.What we teach now will influence them forever and shape their lives.Money is energy and is actually a means to barter.Money advice and lessons will depend a lot on the childs age and your relationship with money .
What I want to tell my daughter :Life lessons
Money is energy and is actually a means to barter.
When people give you a product or service we pay by giving money .Money should be exchanged in this way so that the balance is maintained.Saving money is very important. But so is earning more.In order to earn more the value, you provide with a service or product needs to be increased many folds.
That’s why you need to study hard and develop a useful skill so that you can help others and support yourself.
Spending money on unnecessary things which you don’t want to play with after 1 day is no fun.Save your pocket money to buy things which you will enjoy for a long time.
The extra pocket money will mean extra chores around the house.My daughter is five, and she helps me with making beds, management, tidying up her books crayons pencils.Keeping track of her own things.You can always give work according to age.Knowing housework is important for both boys and girls and this is basically three birds with one stone.Home management, money management and also the value of honest work!
Always help others be self-sufficient.
Lending or borrowing money between friends should always be discussed with parents.
Keeping a little bit of your pocket money in the piggy bank will help you.
Always spend less than you earn.When you take care of your present your future will always be rosy.
5 Things to do with your child
Open an account with him or her.A joint account with Guardian will get you a fully featured minor account.Beyond 10 years, they can have their own account too!.
Start a recurrent deposit with them which can act as a college fund for them too.
If you start investing in a mutual fund through online portals you will have time on your side and the magic of cumulative interest working for you!
You can give her bonus after she/he is able to save a particular amount every month.
Let her withdraw from the piggy bank , up to 30% of saved amount at one time .This way she not only will learn to save but also plan her own treats .1
You can also check out my saving money post
Earning money honestly and growing it is not BAD!It is in fact GOOD.When you create wealth that helps improve not only the situation of your family but also the economy of the country .
Sounds far fetvhed but ,everydrop matters
This week’s prompt:
#MMM week 4 #Contest prompt:
Teaching the value of money
We have simple rules.
RULES OF LINKY:
Comment on this post and cohosts post
You can write a post prompt or link up your new post in the linky.
We share and visit each blogger who links up.
This is not just a blog hop.This is a journey.
That’s a total of at least 4 posts we want you to give some love.
Write the post and Link Up with Amrita or Deepa.
Copy the badge code and put it at the end of your post.
Copy the badge code and put it at the end of your post.
- Follow on Twitter @Deepagandhi1 & @misra_amrita
- Use #Mondaymommymoments or #MMM in your post and share in social media using the same hashtag.
- By Joining the linky you are giving us permission to email and or tweet you a weekly reminder.
- Did you know reading blogs makes your Alexa better?
- We deeply believe in community spirit.Eagerly looking forward to visiting your blogs.
- Prompts will be announced every Sunday at 21.00 hrs IST.Linky opens till Sunday 21.00 hours.We always visit the blogs and promote them as much as possible.It’s like your own blog promo.What’s not to love?
- We share your entries on twitter and other social media platforms generously. Who doesn’t like blog promotion?
Enter the contest through the raffle copter giveaway and submit a post using the blue button below.Multiple entries allowed.
Mothers Day Contest
Share with us your thoughts on the topic-
Week 2 5Best resorts in and around your city!
Week: Top 10 Gift Ideas for New Moms
- Submit as personal experiences, short stories, or poems.
- Having a blog is not mandatory.If you don’t have a blog, e-mail us your entries to email@example.com or deepagandhi1 @gmail.com and we will post on our blogs with your authorship.
- All entries must be within 350-500 words.
- All poetry entries should be more than three stanzas.
- Subscribe to both our blogs like & follow the Facebook pages too.
- Your work should be original. Don’t get bitten by too much inspiration that your work fails the plagiarism checker.We know you can do it.
- All entries should be sent on or before 31st M May 2017.So HURRY!
- The decision of the judges will be final.
- Share your entries on social medias and tag 3 friends.
Winners will be chosen by a special judge on the following basis
1. Follow all rules
3. Tag 3 friends
The first winner gets Rs 750 Amazon gift voucher, the Second winner gets Rs 500 gift voucher and 2 third prize winners each gets 250 Rs gift voucher each. Also #MMM super mom winner certificates.Don’t wait.Write and link up NOW!