Home Workout Vs. Gym Workout- Which One Do You Think Is Taking The World By Storm?
What’s better gym or home workout?
Does working out at home really work?
Why workout at home works out best for me:
- I can do at any time of the day.One stretch or multiple times.In shifts and when the baby sleeps while keeping an eye on her.
- I can take a shower before after, in-between.
- I can wear anything I want!I can sweat without feeling awkward.
- I can do as many repetitions without feeling self-conscious about anything!
- I try different stuff and break it up with mindfulness meditation, yoga or dance moves.No one’s watching!
- I am able to do pre-party and post-party workouts, whenever I want.I can binge watch on Big Bang theory or Mentalist on Netflix and not feel guilty.
- I am building health into my lifestyle.By making it a habit, it’s effortless and as easy as brushing.
- By cutting out the chance of excuse I am totally rocking my health goals.
The best part I can work out at home without equipment!
Why do you think it’s important for me to workout every day?
I feel better.My mind hums.I feel all is well with the world.Exercise is even more powerful than chocolate with this feel-good factor.Exercise releases truckloads of endorphins and is the best way to put a smile on my face.
- I sleep better Í am more relaxed.
- I am healthier and stronger and that extra shopping bag doesn’t cause back pain!
- I am making a positive habit.
- I am helping my child form a good habit.
- I write better and more.
- I can concentrate more.
- I live healthier one day at a time.
Home or gym?What do you vote for?
If you had asked me five years before I would have said gym in a heartbeat.But now?It’s complicated!I have only one goal now.Be healthy, every day and every moment.
Health cannot be a to do in the lower part of your daily list.
It needs to be there on top.But what happens in real life?
Morning madness and evening rush.Schooltime and children’s bedtime comes like clockwork and you are stuck with that gnawing guilt of missing the gym.
Nowadays many of the apartment complexes have excellently equipped gyms.
But how many busy moms can make time to spend 40 minutes let alone hours at the gym.You need to work out for at least 20 minutes before your workout has an effect on your BMR.
My favorite home work out is simple and fits my routine.
- Brisk walking
- Lifting Weights
- Hula hoop
- Skipping rope
- Yoga and dance practice with my little one.
I live in a rented place so installing training bars are not possible.My plan for my home is to have a rock wall to climb and a few training bars.That I think will help me cut out boredom from my workout!
This year I want to try some martial art form to give the work out another dimension.
My workout should be fun.That’s why I try changing my workout plans.That’s the only way it works for me.
Top 10 supersaver items I use for my home workout
- Yoga Mat
- Skipping rope
- Weighted hula hoop
My favorite exercise which I can do anywhere:
Plank.I can do it any way I like and increase the time and the repetition. The best part is it really works and one day it will define your post-baby middle part into something called abs!
I reward myself.I buy a new book every month of sticking to my fitness routine.Isn’t that awesome.Motivation and relaxation for the mind!
My home workout has also made me more thankful for my life and my home.
Tell me about how you keep fit in the comments below?Daily or once in a blue moon.Home or gym?
This article is written as a part of Gympik Fit-A-Thon contest and should not be repurposed, republished or used otherwise. The content herein is owned by the blogger. Gympik is not responsible for any kind of infringement caused.