Are you a blogger ?Do you have an email list?
I had a list.
Had to severely mutilate it , to get rid of unresponsive subscribers.I hear everywhere that growing the email subscriber list, is your real blog goal.They are the people who find you so awesome, that they sign up for your newsletter.
Yes I know it sounds like a dream.You make awesome products.Your wonderful subscribers can’t stop buying.
This can happen.But you have 3 problems to solve, before you reach that sweet spot.
Content upgrade subscribe 1
1)How will you collect the emails?
In India which email service provider works .
Which allows NET banking (I don’t have a credit card)
If you have a credit card, do you know, which are the really cool options?
2)Where will you place your sign up forms?
3)How will you make your raving readers become super subscribers?
This mompreneur’s blogging journey has been full of wonderful surprises.
But this pesky problem is making my hair grey.
The solution :
Break it down into nuggets.
How will you collect emails?
Once upon a time in 2014 when I started blogging I had MailChimp as my email service provider.
MailChimp gives 2000 free subscriber plan, which is awesome.But the user interface didn’t make me comfortable. Plus the spam emails in my list made Mailchimp pretty mad.I was a green newbie and made uncool mistakes.
Next step Madmimi
Yes it’s called madmimi and it’s super cute.
The free plan allows up to 100 subscribers.
10 dollars per month.Basic plan.Payment by credit card only.No Indian version.My favorite platform but can’t use it.
It’s also mobile friendly.
- A basic Indian version of email service.
- Works on mobile.
- NET banking possible.
- FREE plan present.
- The user interfaces easy.
- Customization of webform possible.
- List segregation and setting up Autoresponders easy.
- Integration with Google analytics is present.
- Captcha helps to clean up your list by automatically blocking spam.
Update: November 2017
- I am using madmimi for the last one year approximately and also using Google forms.
- 30% open rate approximately.
- I try to send a mix of my own contents and curated posts useful for my audience.
- I am also checking out sendinblue!