Ebook Carnival in India by Blogchatter is one of a kind.T he good news is you get to read good books by experienced and upcoming authors free of cost.
Blogchatter does an excellent job at getting together, motivating, guiding and inspiring so many people to publish their books. Writing and self-publishing need guts. You are fighting against fears, mindsets, social norms and your own expectations.
What people may say
- People are happy to tell you how only traditional publishing is the real thing. That no self-respecting person would dream of doing what you want to do.That your work is not the best thing since sliced cheese and should thus be hidden under the carpet.
- They will tell you how perfectionism is their thing and they can’t imagine publishing books the way other people do. That’s why they never wrote that book. Obviously, nothing less than perfect should see the light of the world!
I will tell you a few things about self-publishing
• You have nothing to lose.
• You have only yourself to blame or cheer.
• If you don’t try you will never know.
• You can expect people to turn green.
You must understand even the greatest authors have to try. They have to learn to face rejection and shine above that.
What will you get when you participate in Blogchatter Ebook?
• A chance to be showcased on the Blogchatter website for 2 months.
• Reviews by people who will read your Blog with feedback.
• Social shares by people who have read your book and liked it.
• The confidence to get started.
• Community to keep you going.
• The sense of accomplishment.
FAQ About Blogchatter Ebooks and Kindle Books:
1) Blogchatter EBook festival your book can’t be on Amazon or anywhere else at the same time. Kindly check with them
2)KDP prefers a word doc as an attachment to upload.If not possible on Mac you can try from Android phone.• For Blogchatter a simple PDF from word or Apple Pages will work.• Editing and Proofreading the first and second draft by you/parents/hubby/friend whom you can blackmail.
3) Professional edit and proofreading will depend on your budget and plans.
4) Images in Kindle books are not easy to format and appears as black and white on Kindle. device. You may need a lot of formatting in order to get it right.
5) Brainstorm 10 -15 title s.Check popular books in niche and be inspired. Don’t copy.
6) Create a poll on Twitter/Facebook/Whatsapp checking public opinion about Book title.
A very common doubt:
Will people be interested to download the book even though the same content is available online?
For the answer to this and more check out my Podcast with Mahak of baby and beyond.in, Shipra Trivedi of trivediship.com and Surbhi of prettymummasays.com