My third book 7 Blogging Challenges for a Successful Blog will release today. It will be available for download at the Blogchatter platform. Here is a preview of what you can expect.
My Blog has 500 plus Blog posts. I have been blogging three and a half years. All this did not happen in one day or even one year. There were more challenges which I did in between.But none that tested my patience, persistence and pushed my limits so far. There is something about belonging to a community which helps many people do more than they cold ever achieve. It’s the energy of the collective the positive vibes being attracted or just the Universe letting us enjoy yourself. Whatever it is you do feel compelled to finish the project you never thought possible.
This ebook is a thank you to Blogchatter who has helped make so many dreams come true. Writing, Blogging can be a cathartic experience and will be a lonely job. Because at the end of the day. You have to write.No one else will write the words you can write.
The power of the words can be seen to spread far and wide. The best part even celebrities co-author books to establish their expertise in areas they are not qualified in.
Why do you think they do that?
Books in any form have a way of reaching an audience which you never thought reachable. Is it because even in this world seeking quick attention, a book provides a good way of diving deep into a topic or quickly getting an overview.
This Ebook is a guide to all the Blogging challenges that have helped me in my writing journey.Hope you can take up a few challenges too. Get this download of 30 Awesome Blog post ideas free now!Just enter your email address below.
What can you expect from the Book?
- Why Should You take up Blogging Challenges?. 5
- Blogging Challenges what I like: 5
- 7 Blogging Challenges for a Successful Blog. 6
- My Friend Alexa: Does Alexa Rank help?. 8
- What can you expect from the #MyfriendAlexa campaign?. 8
- What can you do to keep your Alexa low?. 8
- Daily Blogging with Daily Chatter. 10
- Super tip to Brainstorm ideas to write about: 10
- What I could have done better?. 10
- How am I making those Blog posts better?. 10
- A to Z Challenge :The Holy Grail of Blogging Challenges. 13
- Interesting realizations. 13
- Should you attempt A to Z Challenge?. 13
- Blogchatter EBook Festival 14
- I will tell few things about self-publishing. 14
- What you will get when you participate in Blogchatter E book ?. 14
- FAQ About Blogchatter Ebooks and Kindle Books: 15
- Super Blogger Challenge :What,why and how.. 16
- What I learned?. 16
- What we launched ?. 16
- Blogchatter Projects: Entrepreneurship and social media promotion, what gives best ROI?. 17
- But which 20 % is helping you most? Do you know?. 17
- Questions you must ask yourself. 17
- Community Building: How being social is great for your blog. 18
- 11 Habits of a Successful Blogger. 19
Why Should You take up Blogging Challenges?
Blogging and writing take up a lot of time and energy.When you are just starting it’s important you have a plan.The most important plan is to write regularly.But writing is a lonely job and the early years are tough.If you don’t know whether anyone is reading you can get disheartened.Since we are all writers at heart, we need inspiration and support.This contest page will have updates on all the writing and blogging events happening that we can curate.
Blogging Challenges what I like:
1) It’s fun to challenge yourself to grow
2) You form a habit of writing, which is most important. Habits are not made overnight.
3) You have a social circle of writers and bloggers who understand you.
4) You earn prize money, exposure all of which will help your blog grow.
5) You learn that you are not alone in this writing world.
7 Blogging Challenges for a Successful Blog
Challenges which changed my Life
- Half Marathon Daily Chatter
- My friend Alexa
- Daily chatter 30 days
- Ultimate Blogging challenge
- A to Z with Blogchatter
- Blogchatter EBooks
- Super Blogger Challenge 2018
I found Blogchatter by a happy accident on Twitter .I have forgotten the how, when. What. What I do remember is the #Blogchatter Twitter chat and how I signed up for my first daily blogging content with Blogchatter .Daily Blogging daily writing discipline whatever you call it ,it’s tough .It’s easier to do your laundry than write Its easier to give your house a spring cleaning than edit .
But when I signed up for the challenge I had nothing to lose .It was me and my Blog .A few people knew I was writing on my Blog trying to make health info easy to digest, but can you Blog daily health info?
Micro blogging health stuff is easier but detailed writing on a health Blog by a single author Blog is not work for the faint hearted.
Half Marathon Daily chatter
I wrote for 15 days straight and my life changed.
The Challenge was called half marathon Daily chatter.
- What did I do?
- I wrote daily for 15 days
- I linked up daily for 15 days.
- Read blogs participating in the linkup.
- Shared the Blogs in the linkup with the Hashtags.
- Replied to comments on my blog.
- Commented on other people’s blog.
- Made now friends on twitter and Blogosphere.
- Found I enjoyed twitter a lot!
What was difficult for me?
Daily writing is not difficult /Daily editing is difficult. Those posts were written in a hurry and editing was negligible .I forgot the rule of Blogging.
Make your content useful in some way.
Did it matter that my content was not the best I could make?
Yes and no
Whenever I publish I want to write useful and actionable posts . It may be health wellness or my favourite parenting topics
Not a month and more than a week .But habit forming takes more than 14 days and as soon as I stopped writing for the challenge a few things happened.
1) My traffic dropped.I stopped wanting to read write do anything except dream about writing . Procrastination became I best friend.
Luckily in 2016 Blogchatter was on a roll .We did #MyFriend Alexa for 30 days and that was another turning point.
My Friend Alexa: Does Alexa Rank help?
Now Alexa is a tough topic .Some people call it extinct .Some say it’s a gimmick and many are passionate .From my two years of fiddling with Alexa I found that the Alexa rank may show only 1% of your website traffic .Your traffic may be much more than what your Alexa Rank predicts. It’s a reflection of the traffic you receive from people with the Alexa extension on their browser .Now only Bloggers and webmasters use this extension .So Alexa in fact is said to predict the percentage of traffic you receive from your audience amongst Bloggers and webmasters.
This is useful if you also write content aimed at that Particular audience group.Theres no harm in doing that since traffic is always good news.
What can you expect from the #MyfriendAlexa campaign?
- Habit of writing
- Learning to speed read
- Learning to use social media effectively .The power of community
- The effect of twitter chats
- The fun of twitter chatting with people on similar wavelength
After all twitter is a social media with a thinking head. You can put filter on your pictures, but your tweets show who you are more than you can imagine.
- You will learn about how to make your Blog stats numbers help you make your blog better for your reader. The numbers which matter.
- Blogging by number is important. It is part of the answer to make a successful blog but not the entire answer.
What makes a successful Blog is as simple and as complicated as what makes successful people.
What happens to your Alexa when you don’t write or read regularly? It shoots back up again.
For Alexa lower is better.
What can you do to keep your Alexa low?
- Publish content regularly.
- Update content regularly.
- Make content share worthy.
- Make content for bloggers.
- Make content insanely useful, that people will keep visiting to read them.
- Make content rich with descriptive keywords you want to rank for, but don’t overdo it.
- SEO helps to make search engines find your content.
Should you worry about Alexa?
This answer is tricky.
Bloggers are readers. They want to share useful content to their readers and followers. If you are writing something which people will thank them for sharing them you are on the right path. Make things easy for people to share and they will share .The more people share the higher your website readers become.
You are set.
Daily Blogging with Daily Chatter
The Daily Chatter and Ultimate Blog chatter was again daily Blogging challenges. If you have ever written daily you know how blank your mind can become when faced with the work of making something worthy of being published.
I did both the challenges .Was it easy? No.
Was it fun? It was exhilarating being able to see what I could accomplish .It also helped me write quicker and was an excellent training when it comes to sudden rush jobs in writing.
How did I do it?
- Every evening at 8pm I sat down to write. Best time to publish would be morning in most case .But I had no time in the morning with my professional commitments.
- I always published at 11.45 pm and was one of the last to link up.
- But I got it done.
- I learned to write when I could barely think.
- I battled procrastination and the devil of perfectionism.
- I learned to do my best and press publish.
- I learned that even if it’s only other Bloggers who read my blog, they are my audience. If they find something useful in the course of this challenge, they will come back.
- Everything I publish helps me build an audience.
Super tip to Brainstorm ideas to write about:
When I look carefully at what’s working on this side of internet, television YouTube, newspaper that is all research. Human interest is the most important thing.
What I could have done better?
- Tried to be more disciplined at writing rather than dreaming.
- I could have linked up early.
- Scheduled posts so that I could tweak them if needed and have some breathing space. For 60 days (30 days of daily chatter and 30ndays of Ultimate Blogging challenge) I was almost like a zombie. But hard work paid off.
I have now on my blog more than 500 posts. I am updating them one at a time to avoid thin content on Blog.
How am I making those Blog posts better?
- I am optimizing them with long tail keywords so that they rank better.
- I am making Pinnable images to help make these posts get long term traffic love
- I am repurposing them to make useful podcasts and vlogs.
- I am making them more useful and in-depth so that I can make downloadable Gifts for my readers.
What I did not like about Daily blogging?
- It was suffocating. That’s the truth .At that time it was.
- It was difficult. Like homework always is.
- It was discipline.
- It was excruciatingly painful to stare at the screen at the end of the day.
Will I do it again?
Yes I will . It was the best gift I could give myself as a writer .I learned so much. I finally broke the self-importance rigamarole.I knew I would have to try to do better than myself.
How to ace Daily Blogging?
- I needed to do hard work and smart work.
- I needed a system.
- I also needed white space in my schedule when I could relax.
What did I learn during #MyFriendAlexa?
1) Learned patience, persistence
2) Learned about poetry.
3) Learned about storytelling.
4) Learned about writing every day. Ultimately blogging is writing. Even when you right great posts you have to get it in front of your readers. If you are not into paid advertising then how do you do it? All writer writes for herself/himself but also for their readers. So yes, you need eyeballs on your blog posts.
5) Learned you can still help others even when you are learning. Sometimes being one step ahead, you might have a view the others don’t.
6) If you have been helped you will always get a chance to pass it forward. Don’t miss out on this.
7) made my blog the most important priority, after health and family.
8) Explored different contents in my niche that I liked writing about. Other than my in-depth topics on health and healthy lifestyle. Started writing more about mompreneurs and bloggers who were making a difference. That’s the ultimate aim of my blog. To help struggling mompreneurs who can’t spend money on advertising. The great thing about these posts was they provided a little relief from the intense research I have to do before writing a health post. I still write 1 in-depth health post every week. Same frequency as before. But other days I try to write other contents to showcase mompreneurs or help them.
This way my Alexa improved.Since I had more fresh content.Traffic increased.
9)I posted at least 3 times a week.
In the last 2 weeks, I posted even more.
10)Followed rules of MyFriendAlexa.
11)Read at least 4 blogs. Mostly I did more.
12)Comment and share throughout the day. Mostly on Twitter .
13)Brainstormed with friends.
14)Started editing my old posts.
- Daily chatter was great #MyFriendAlexa was amazing!
A to Z Challenge: The Holy Grail of Blogging Challenges
This was a very interesting challenge where we had to write posts using the letters A to Z
26 days with Sundays off in the month of April. Sounds easy but can be excruciatingly difficult .It’s even more difficult if you don’t plan prep and schedule .That’s why you need to have your plan made beforehand. Keep the outlines and rough drafts ready and add to them as you research the post .The fun part will be the adrenaline rush of doing something cohesive with your A to Z posts .Write on a theme or a plan a story .Either way it may be an interesting challenge.
Did I enjoy it ?Yes I did.
Did I feel out of sorts ?Yes I did .
Was I overwhelmed and not sleeping ?Yes again.
But was it worth it ?
A to Z is the Holy grail of starting to write a book. It gives you a crash course on planning outlining and doing the hard work of putting words one after another.
- No hand holding.
- No time to think and write .
- If you are writing a book it can be tough when X,Y,Z comes.
- If you want to go for KDP Select and Amazon it’s going to be a pain locking down those posts.
Should you attempt A to Z Challenge?
- You must do it at least once .
- You will not know the intense joy of finishing the challenge until you do it.
- You will have something unique at the end of it .
Takeaway: How to do A to Z like a Boss?
- Plan ,outline and draft your post beforehand.
- Schedule them to go live at midnight .
- Early birds link up first.
This is one of a kind.T he good news is you get to read good books by experienced and upcoming authors free of cost . Blogchatter does an excellent job at getting together, motivating, guiding and inspiring so many people to publish their books. One reason you should participate in the Blogchatter Ebook Carnival is simple . Read it here.If you want the rest of the ebook you can email me at email@example.com .
Once the book is available on The Blogchatter Platform you will get the download link to save the guide and use it when you want.