With the start of the #MyFriendAlexa campaign, I will be sharing my experience with the first 11 steps to a better Alexa which stays down.
What is Alexa Ranking?Why exactly do you even need to worry about it?Does it even matter?It’s obsolete, right?Yes and no.Alexa is a ranking system made by alexa.com.This belongs to amazon.com.So definitely not a myth.It audits the frequency of visits to Web sites.
There’s a secret algorithm which determines Alexa rank.It is based on traffic recorded from people who have Alexa toolbar installed.For new websites, it can be at-least three months for Alexa to show up, depending on your traffic.This is true also when you shift from a free blog to self-hosted.
One interesting thing: it’s not only you!
It’s not only a direct reflection of your traffic, but also the traffic other websites have.If you are a blogger it means, your Alexa will depend on how frequently you post and who reads you. #drAmrita #MyFriendAlexa Click To Tweet
The more people with Alexa toolbar read your blog the better it is for you.The better the Alexa of the visitor’s blog(secret 1) better it is for you.
Your traffic is measured as:
- Reach: Number of people with Alexa toolbar reach your site
- Page views
Mathematics: Alexa rank is a geometric mean of reach and page views over a fixed time period.This time period changes for high traffic sites with great Alexa.
Most importantly one thing:
Find out why you want a better Alexa.It always helps when you know your whys.
First 11 Steps to a Better Alexa which Stays Down
- Download and install the Alexa toolbar here. Very important step.
- Ask your friends to download it.That’s why #MyFriendAlexa is superb.You have the perfect audience with the Alexa toolbar.
- If possible Submit your site in webmaster forums(SECRET2).Why ?Because they have excellent Alexa.The traffic which comes from forums is priceless.Audience coming from a site with great Alexa is what you want!
- Submit your post links in Blog directories like Blogchatter and Indiblogger which have excellent Alexa.
- Add Quality content to your website.This is most important.Until your content helps someone your traffic will not stay up.Organic traffic is important to keep the Alexa rank great.Writing is a habit.This needs to be well planned if you want to improve your Alexa.
- Write Guest posts(Secret 3) on sites with good Alexa.
- Join blog hops (Secret4) on site with Alexa better than yours.
- Include your site’s URL in your signature(Secret 5).Oh yes, this one is Gold.Never miss this opportunity.
- If a visitor returns to your site 30 minutes later.That is counted as a separate page view(Secret6).Keep this in mind
- While doing the#MyFriendAlexa challenge do all your reading on a laptop with Alexa toolbar set up.
- Visit blogs, read and reciprocate.Why is this important?Wait for my next post.
It’s impossible to do all at one time.So how did I do this?That’s what I will tell you about all through September while I improve my Alexa rank with #MyFriendAlexa.I will give you my favorite hacks to do it better and keep your Alexa shining.
How can Alexa help you?
It helps if you are planning on working with brands.Obviously, if sponsors pay money, they want a blog which is read by an audience. #MyFriendAlexa is superb for this.
It’s great even if you don’t want to monetize.After all, you write so that someone reads.You have an idea how you rank with respect to other blogs in your niche.Boosts morale majorly.
What happened last year?Read my post here.
Global Alexa: 664,698 on 1 st September 2016
Global Alexa:2,62409 on 29th September 2016
Current Alexa rank Global:374,613
Alexa Traffic Rank
Traffic Rank in IN
Do you have a question?Comment below to let me know .Sign up for my exclusive updates through this form
I am taking my Alexa Rank to the next level with #MyFriendAlexa and Blogchatter